Lancia Beta Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:09:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S1 spider steering cowl trim missing?  (Read 1533 times)
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: July 05, 2012, 08:38:10 PM »

I'm still discovering little details on the spider I now have owned for the last two years.
The latest detail to trouble me is whether there should be some form of flexible shroud(?) to cover the big gap when you lower the steering column down.
As it stands, mine has a big vacant gap when I lower it and it looks unfinished but I never saw an unmolested example to know if this is normal or not.
I've been finding there are little missing pieces of trim as I go along and the purchase of a rotten basket case last year has supplied me with a lot of hard to find/didn't know it was missing kind of trim.
Anyway, as I say this is the latest little detail I'm looking into and would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:32:51 AM by droptop » Logged

Rust never sleeps
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:48:51 AM »

Nothing there as far as I know, just as you say a bit of a gap. You're the first person I've come across who uses the column in its dropped position. It seems so low there as to be impractical. I assumed it was just a parts bin carry over from the saloon. Is the facelift column even adjustable?
droptop

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 12:35:43 PM »

Don't know about the facelift column, but I have one sitting in my garage, a column, not a car, so I'll take a look.
I find driving with the wheel dropped very comfortable and as it's about 50mm less in diameter than the original, access isn't a problem.
Looks like I'm going to have to make some sort of shroud possibly out of black rubber as the gap is ugly at best, but as I say, there were so many small bits and pieces mission from my car, I couldn't be sure unless I asked.r

Rust never sleeps
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 10:52:33 PM »

There hasn't been anything in there in either of my pre face lift cars.
droptop

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »

Well, there's going to be one in mine!
I seem to pick small issues to resolve as I would rather be driving the car than tackling the costly major issues but I suppose every little thing done is a step in the right direction.
The thing is, I suppose that things like having the original seats reupholstered and the bodywork refurbished aren't DIY jobs for me and so I tend to stick to the things I at least think I can tackle as the blank cheque I feel the bodywork will b, just scares me witless.
I'd probably buy a reasonably decent car for the same money and use mine as a parts car if I'd any sense, but I've grown rather attached to my less-than-desirable (to many) registration of 666 FZB which in Ireland can't be transferred.
Maybe if I sacraficed a BMW?......... Grin

Rust never sleeps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: