You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
• Lancia Beta Forum (LBF) are being about who should and should not deal through their pages. If you run a business, please do not register your username as a business name. If LBF decide that you are trying to advertise a business through this method then they reserve the right to request you change the username or change it for you without prior notice.
• All staff members will attempt to keep any offensive and questionable messages off the forum, but LBF cannot be responsible for message content. All posts express the views of the author. LBF accept no responsibility for the views expressed within this forum by the authors/members. If you do read something you do not like, use the ‘Report Post’ button and a member of staff will look into the problem.
• LBF Admins may remove, edit, move, or close topics they feel do not follow the rules.
• LBF is not responsible for anything you do as a result of information or advice obtained on the forum.
•Only one account is allowed per member. Multiple accounts, if found, will be deleted and your primary account me also be removed/suspended for a period of time seen fit by the staff members.
•This is a family frequented forum, please think about this when choosing user names, avatars, or posting images, and do not attempt to bypass the swear filter. If you do post something, which you feel may cause offense, please post an ‘18’ certificate warning on the started thread and/or a NSFW (Not safe for work) label on it.
•Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes: "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything".
•Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will have their behavior investigated with a look to either restricting or banning them from the forum. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice. Our decision is always final in these matters.
•If you break the rules in any way then you may be dealt with accordingly. This can range from a suspension for a number of days to an instant ban. If you repeatedly break the same rule your account will be at risk of a permanent ban.
•Posting of copyright material and links to pirate software is strictly forbidden and will be removed without notice.
•Blatant spamming of threads is not allowed and any such posts will be removed without notice, please also keep on topic.
•Please keep threads on topic. We reserve the right to close threads that go off topic or remove posts to keep the thread on topic.
• Any post or thread may be removed at staffs discretion without informing the post / thread author of the reason. We simply do not have the time to PM every member whose post we choose to moderate! If you have a query contact a Forum Admin/ Admin via PM)
• Deliberately reposting/editing your thread/post after it has been deleted/edited, will result in an warning or ban.
• All new members will require any posts that include links or images, to be approved by a Forum Admin before the posts / thread will be visible on the forum. Please be patient with this. Any duplicate posts / threads will be deleted without notifying the member.
• The Owners, Administration and Moderators accept no responsibility for any information that is posted by members that could result in legal action against that member.
• Any Defamatory Comments made are those of the post writer and not of the Forum owners or Administration team. We will accept no responsibility for any defamatory comments made by members that could result in legal action against that member.
• Lancia Beta Forum Approved Traders are forum sponsors and we accept no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for any transactions or disagreements that may occur, these must be dealt with directly with that company.
• We accept no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for any transactions or work carried out by Forum sponsors.
• LBF accept no responsibility, legal or otherwise for comments posted on the forum. Any member who deems any content to be libel should contact an Administrator and draw his/her attention to the offending post.
• Any Posts deemed to be slanderous/libelous will be removed, in a timely manner, by the staff.
• No advertising or selling of any kind allowed in the forums apart from the classified sections. Only registered members and Approved Traders are allowed to sell on LBF forum.
• If you are interested in advertising, contact the Admins. Your signature/avatar/profile/username is not a place to advertise your business, website, forum, etc. Anything considered advertising or "spam" will be removed without notice.
• Whilst we do not mind users mentioning other forums/websites, blatant advertising or repeated bumping of posts with a web address within will not be tolerated.
• Advertising Commercial Link backs will be removed if deemed advertising (without notice) and is at the discretion of the Admin and Moderation team.
• Do not use the private messaging facility as a means to sell. This will be deemed as advertising and could result in a ban. If you receive unsolicited PM’s offerings parts or services – please report it.
Buying & Selling
• To gain access to the classified sections members will need to have a minimum post count of 30.
• If you are not a registered member and simply wish to dispose of a garage full of Beta spares or advertise a Beta for sale as a “one off” please contact the Admins.
• The LBF classifieds are to be used by private individuals to buy and sell their own personal property.
• Buying and selling to make a profit is strictly prohibited. (This is what Ebay is for)
• Club Members and Approved Traders only, are allowed to sell and post ‘Wanted’ threads.
• The selling of firearms including air rifles, or air pistols is strictly prohibited.
• Permission must always be sought from Admin before commencing a Group Buy. If what you propose to buy clashes with what an Approved Trader sells then it is unlikely you will be given permission. Group Buys will only be advertised in the Group Buy Board.
• A Personal Sale includes used items and may include the odd new item but should not contain multiples of a new item. This will be classed as ‘trading’ and will require you to purchase the correct level of forum permission.
• Personal Sales can include a maximum of five used items, but not multiples of the same item.
(A set of 4 alloys will count as 1 item, a complete interior will count as 1 item.)
• Posting multiple Personal Sale threads in quick succession, each with five items will result in all but the first thread being removed and a warning will be issued.
• “Breaking a Beta – Contact me for Parts” these threads require Admin approval before posting. Failing to request in advance will result in thread removal and a warning issued.
• The price must be clearly outlined at the start of the post. The price is entirely up to the thread starter and if you do not agree with the price – then simply do not pay it!
• Please show pictures of the car/parts you are selling, these must be a true representation of them. If you use images found on Google or elsewhere you must state clearly that these are not the actual item!! Anyone found misrepresenting purposely, the 'For Sale' items may face buying/selling/forum restrictions.
• If you have a problem with a transaction or the thread goes ‘off topic’ please contact a staff member for advice.
• No firearms / weapons/ alcohol/ tobacco or fake goods should be traded on this site.
• Multiple products are not allowed unless authorised by an Admin.
• For items of high value and/or product types that are prone to counterfeiting, it is reasonable that the prospective buyer/s may request some form of proof of purchase/ownership if it is to be posted. As a seller, if you do not have this proof (for example if you didn't buy the item/s new yourself), then it may be advisable not to sell that item, or restrict to collection only. Buyers need to use sound judgment for sales of this kind, as Betaboyz cannot be held responsible for the authenticity of any item offered for sale in 'Personal Sales'.
• These members can trade in multiple new (and used!) products as they see fit on the forum. However any 'promotion of products' is to be kept to their individual section. Links to websites are allowed in their profiles and signatures. A trader (after contacting a member of the Mod/Admin team) can start a Group Buy on a product that they sell should they wish.
• To those who wish to become an Approved Trader please contact the Amins by Private Message (PM).
Break the rules…
Members that violate these rules may be given an infraction, suspended or banned. While the rules above cover the majority of situations, every event cannot have a specific rule, consequently the Admin and Moderation team reserve the right to take any actions they deem appropriate to ensure the forum runs smoothly and the forum or its members are not abused in any way.
Warnings - What are they?
• Basically it is a 3 strikes and you're out system put into place that covers all members.
• The vast majority of the time, the Mods and Admins do very little moderation and/or banning and this is how we intend for it to stay.
• The warnings system has been brought in to cover the very few members who contribute nothing but drivel, or break the rules.
This is how it works...
• If a member breaks a rule a warning may be issued.
• Each member to gain 3 warnings in a 12 month period is issued a 30-day suspension.
• All warnings are valid for 12 months, a bit like points on a driving license.
• After a 30 day suspension if this member gains another warning a permanent ban will be issued.
• The warning system will be used if members are offensive to other members, or use offensive language, as these are the 2 main areas of focus during moderation.
• The warning system will be used if members flout the rules on Personal Sales.
• If you are unlucky enough to receive a warning you will receive a PM from the Admin member who issues it, giving you their reasons.
• If you feel that this warning has been given unfairly then please reply with your mitigation and the Admin team will discuss and come to a majority conclusion. This decision is final.
We would also like to take this chance to remind members about the "Report Post" button, if you see a post that you feel should not be on the forum then use this button and one of the team will deal with it.
By joining the site you agree to adhere to the above rules.