Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:34:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The old Weber carb  (Read 2658 times)
Timothy Hall

« on: December 13, 2010, 08:20:58 PM »

My little 79 Lancia Beta 2.0L has the old style Dm?t 34.Weber no longer makes.I just need to know what model # I need to order.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 10:33:40 PM »

Hi Tim,

I've removed the Poll as it seemed a bit out of place!

Well, a 79 Beta, Weber DATR 34 is the auto choke and Weber DMTR 34 (IIRC) is the manual choke, I know some have switched from auto to manual so it depends if this has been done already.  Also, do you know the history of the carb i.e. could the jets been swapped out / upgraded at any time?

Whats wrong with the current carb?  What type of symptoms do you have if its not running right?

Firstly, new carbs of either variety are rare but they do come up now and then on Ebay - I've seen them for £350 mostly New Old Stock (NOS) from Italy.

Alternatives to shelling out £350 are as follows, in no particular order:

1.  Clean the jets on yours before doing anything - search the forum on cleaning jets, its easy and could save you lots of hassle.

2.  Buy a second hand carb off Ebay (I've seen them go for £20)

3.  Buy carb overhaul kit off Ebay - circa £25 - £30

4.  Send your carb off for a full refurb/rebuilt.  Plenty of companies out there that can do this for you.

5.  Buy a second hand carb and send that away for refurb.

Let us know whats happening with your car and there is plenty of people on here that have probably experienced the same issues.

Couple of years ago I had my carb checked while at a rolling road having it set up for more modern fuels - it had a few tweaks at the hands of an expert and the results were very positive - and its still spot on now.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: