Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:39:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Beta Spyder finally has a home!  (Read 35455 times)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:43 AM »

I'd agree with that. Enthusiasm waxes and wanes but provided you don't desperatley need the space the car will still be there whan you have more time.

Also with the Spider you have the advantage of dropping the back and leaving the roof panel on which should help keep your wife's hair in place.
Duncan23

Re:
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2013, 09:17:49 PM »

Problem is,  if the Spyder is in the garage,  I can't do anything in there or put anything else in there. And it doesn't drive,  so I can't  move it out the way either!
I will have a go at convincing my wife that we should get it sorted so it can be used.
I guess my ideal scenario is that someone with a coupe wants a Spyder project and would do a part ex. Can't imagine that will happen,  but thought it worth mentioning! ;-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2013, 10:02:27 PM »

my wife has decided that my VX is a pile of worthless junk and I should have bought a 124 spider......but I'll try to keep calm and carry on
Duncan23

Re:
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »

My wife doesn't care about cars. At least your wife is vaguely interested in them!

rossocorsa
Legendary Member

Re:
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2013, 12:26:14 AM »

Sadly she is also quite good at crashing them........ Unlike your wife she hates having a roof! My fault few years ago bought an mg tf and since then only a convertible will do she has an mx5 now, if your spider was far enough on she would probably be very happy with a swap but my vx is probably too far ahead of yours for it to be a practical swap as pretty much all welding is done plus I have all the parts to finish it too.
Duncan23

Re:
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »

Rosso -  you should just finish it and enjoy driving it.
Opc of this parish has asked for first refusal - assuming we can sort out a deal then he will restore it. Probably for the best - the car will get the attention it deserves, and not rot away in my garage getting in the way and depressing me with how much needs doing.
I hope I'll have a few quid later this year, so I'll be keeping an eye out for a good coupe to fill the gap.  ;-)

Duncan23

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2014, 09:02:16 PM »

For sale thread now created.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: