Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:53:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hpe door mirror  (Read 2186 times)
hf_dave

« on: September 29, 2010, 11:56:17 PM »

I've had a few Beta Coupe's  over the years and so I've collected a lot of parts, and when I sold my last Hpe  I gave most of the parts to a friend who ran a Beta coupe at the time, I still have a few bits including a door mirror of a VX HPE which is off the passenger door and is in the up right position ie the glass is vertical and not pointing sde ways llike a normal mirror. Is this normal for a HPE ? Smiley
Betanut

Scotland Scotland

Lancialess

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:31:34 AM »

Most HPEs (other than the VX and all pre-FL models) had vertical plastic mirrors like the one you describe, HPE and Coupe VX had what we today might term as a more conventional 'sideways' door mirror. However, not all VX's (and indeed not all Betas) for the UK market had a passenger door mirror fitted as standard. perhaps it was a weight saving device  Grin Cheesy
Confused  Huh?
Not the only one  Wink
hf_dave

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 10:19:21 PM »

Still confused, maybe the mirror and door glass were off another car Huh? still doesent explain the logic of a vetrtical mirror, maybe an aerodynamic reason or to make the car narrower when blasting down narrow streets with cars parked on both sides  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: