Lancia Beta Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:27:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coupe 'Cover' Sill  (Read 2019 times)
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« on: August 08, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »

Does anyone have any photos of the removal and replacement of a cover sill on a coupe? My offside one has a penny size hole in it which I take will be an MOT fail, although by the way the sill parts are described on the Betaboyz shop site I take it that this part is not structural? I guess the inner sill is the load bearing part?
rossocorsa
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 11:03:12 PM »

if you look at the construction i think you will conclude that it is most definitely structural , in general beta sills seem to corrode initially at the ends near the dreaded sunroof drain pipes and near the rear wheel arch you would probably get away with a localised patch rather than a full sill but be warned it may well be a lot worse than you expect once the front wing is removed. the sill is actually only exposed from rear of wing to where it joins the rear wing panel it is continuous but goes behind these panels (hence the seam below the curve of the door on an unmolested car). Will be attempting some sort of replacement on my car at sometime but maybe not soon it's only been off the road for around 8 years so no hurry!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: