Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:02:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Norway with my two Beta 2000 Berlinas  (Read 4881 times)
Betanordic

« on: July 07, 2010, 06:59:17 PM »

I have a -77 Beta Berlina. Engine has seized due to long time without running. I hope to get it running again. Sun-roof and silver metallic.
The Lancia Blue car is a -79 Beta Berlina which was my daily car when I was young. It has been off the road for 22 years but started every year. It has got the registration-plates back and is running very nicely. I only drive it in summertime as it is 99% rust-free and has it's origianal paint. Milage is 130000 kilometres.
Regards from Norway and thanks a lot for a great web-site.

* HPIM0725.JPG (141.7 KB, 1457x1093 - viewed 1069 times.)

* HPIM0726.JPG (145.4 KB, 1332x999 - viewed 1037 times.)
cheeky monkey

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:11:40 PM »

Welcome Betanordic

Both cars look fantastic !. Good luck with fixing the silver one.  I went to Norway some years ago and did not see any Lancias of any type, so its nice to see 2 betas

regards. G

Graham

1979 beta coupe 1300
Betanordic

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »

Thanks for you comment.
Beta was a very expensive car in Norway in the 70's, and many have rusted away.
It seems like the HPE's are most common here now even if they had the same rust-problems as the Berlina.  Coupes are almost never to be seen, Berlinas are very rare, and HPE's are not often to be seen.
All in all, all kinds of Betas are very seldom to be seen on Norwegian roads.
I think Trevi was never sold here. I have only seen a Trevi once in Norway. That was in 1985, a Series 3 Trevi with French plates.

TreviDash

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:56:45 PM »

welcome!

Berlinas - meet Berlina

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:03:33 PM by TreviDash » Logged

'84 Alfa 33 Gold Cloverleaf
'92 Daimler Six
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:58:44 PM »

Hi BetaNordic,

Welcome to the forum!  Nice to see some representation from other countries  Grin

You have two lovely cars there, do you have plans to get the seized engine fixed in the near future?

If Betas are so rare in Norway then how come you have two?!?  You have done well Grin

How do you find parts?  Just buy them from abroad?  Do you do your own mechanics?

Stunning setting in the top picture - I'll be visiting Bergen in mid August so am looking forward to seeing the views first hand  

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Betanordic

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 08:05:51 AM »

Hi, and thanks for your comments.
You have a very nice car!
The S3 Beta has always fascinated me. Most of all because of the spectacular dashboard. It's a pity they were never sold in Norway.
The reason why I have two Beta S2 is that I bought the silver metallic car as a donor car for my blue Beta. I also got a lot of extra spares , and I have also about 20 years ago had a light blue Beta which I scrapped because of too much rust. Many parts from this car have been taken care of.
I hope I can get the silver Beta running again. It's a far too good car to be scrapped. The biggest problem is the seized engine.
Parts are not easy to find. Luckily I have lots of spares myself. Others are found on eBay or other places abroad.( Omicron, Betaboyz, Lancia Ersatzteilservice,  etc..)
I do most of the mechanics myself, but some work is done by a workshop nearby.

Welcome to Norway, and Bergen. I think it's the most beautiful city in Norway, but also a place with very much rain.
thecolonel
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 11:14:10 PM »

Nice cars, 

two Betas I wonder how many others exist there ?
I also know of three Gamma ( 1 Berlina and 2 coupe) in Norway

Geoff
Betanordic

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 06:12:38 AM »

Hi, 
I only know of 3 other Berlinas in Norway, but there might be more.
HPE's are a bit more common.

Erik
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: