Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:42:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exhausts  (Read 2626 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: November 30, 2008, 06:41:01 PM »

Anyone out there after a stainless exhaust system should try www.stainless-exhaust.com . The guy to speak to is Don and they will frabricate and fit for £461 plus vat - i know its expensive. I have had a real problem trying to locate a new system and was about to bite the bullet and go for stainless but i hope to receive tomorrow everything except the front pipe for approx. £100 !!!!!! and new from stock. Thanks to a mechanic mate of mine who has had problems before i learnt the secret - don't ask for an exhaust for a beta because the answer will always be 'sorry mate not a chance' but quote the individual part number off the boxes and "bingo" they have them. I have an Ansa middle box and Bosal rear. When i have checked that these are the real deal i will post another message with contact details for the supplier.
P.s Omicron has said supplies from Italy for mild steel systems have dried up.

Sources of exhausts are drying up - most of the major pattern part manufactuers have removed the Beta range from their exhausts and are often not ameniable to making small volume batches.  There are some exhausts in Italy, but transporting exhausts is quite expensive due to the weight, volume and general awkwardness of the shape.

As many cars are used as 2nd or 3rd cars, condensation builds up inside and they rot out from the inside out.  A stainless exhaust for these cars is often a wise investment, whereas cars which are used daily or weekly have exhausts which last a lot longer as condensation is blown out on a regular basis.

Andrew

I went stainless a couple of years ago and have never looked back.  Furthermore, mine incorporated a flexi section at the bottom of the downpipe which removes all the stress from that nasty manifold joint.

Update on my exhaust. The parts i ordered were a Bosal 170199( rear box) and an Ansa 140985 (mid section box) and as promised the components were delivered next morning. What was delivered were 100% perfect with removal of old and fitting of new in  1/2  an hour. Both parts are 'made in Italy' by a company called ZARA. Try quoting part numbers locally if you are after an exhaust but failing that C.R.Marks at Oxford on 01865 724071. These guys are less than 5 miles from where i work - always where you least suspect !!!!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: