Lancia Beta Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:12:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Diamond Brake Hose Kit's  (Read 4364 times)
hutch6610

« on: April 01, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »

Anybody her called d***v (402) who bought a set of these on eBay - 11th March at 18:06?
Because if you did you are about to find out they don't fit!
Female ends fitted are Metric 10 X 1mm when they should be 10mm X 1.25mm

On first inspection they look spot on - my eyes can barely notice the 0.25mm difference on the female thread end and of course with the old pipe ends being a little stiff when you attempt to screw them in, you wont notice anything ....... until it strips.

Anyway, just a warning to anybody thinking of purchasing these - nice and cheap though they are ....£66.99 all in!   

I also double checked the fittings are not wrong/ been altered on the HPE i attempted to fit them to .... and they're not - just to be absolutely sure. 
lanciabaz

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 06:55:52 PM »

I think that you must be mistaken, i was able to screw the male pipe fittings into the new flexis by hand without problem. The brake hoses have now been fitted and used for 3 weeks including passing an MOT.

I did however complain to the seller as i had to reuse the fittings from my old hoses and left a negative feedback.

hutch6610

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:56:21 PM »

Well thats rather strange as none of the two sets i have fit!
Its possible the two i have were made up with the wrong ends however and i have checked , double checked and triple checked on every available old hose with the fittings that i have removed over the years and not one fits properly.

Good luck to you - i think i was unlucky in getting a duff batch.

Yes .... bit naughty of them not to have the rubber fittings.

lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 08:13:06 PM »

I was looking at both black diamond and goodridge a while back, and decided on goodridge in the end, saved myself some bother by the looks of things.

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
hutch6610

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »

You S-U-R-E did Marcus!
As i said earlier they may just be a duff set - can i win the Lottery .... NO, can i pick ..... not one, but two rejects from a pile of brake hoses?
YOU BET.

markwast
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 07:38:56 AM »

Hi, just another word of warning on this subject. I tried a set of the HEL hoses that are on offer at fleebay, the front hoses are far too short, almost half that of the Goodridge ones, you can see they wont fit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: