Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:33:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Left Turn  (Read 2733 times)
Betared

« on: December 12, 2009, 11:41:33 PM »

Hi Guys,
This is my first post and hopefully you can stop me going insane. I am trying to sort out the electrics on my  1985 coupe 2000, restoration, a project I first started 10 years ago !!! Embarrassed.
My current problem is to do with the indicators/ hazard circuit. I have fitted a new flasher unit courtesy of intermotor and at the moment the hazard lights operate via the dash switch bringing on the warning light on the dash and the right turn indicator lamp. The right turn lamps operate correctly via the column switch and bring on the right turn lamp on the dash. However putting the column switch to left turn only excites the flasher unit and I can hear it clicking at a fast rate but no bulb illumination.
Anyone throw any light on my problem.
Thanks in anticipation,David.
Betared

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 06:58:13 PM »

Smiley After a good few hours of cable probing and linking out we have finally got a set of working indicators and I thought the solution may be of interest to others.
 The feed from the column indicator switch goes, in my case, via two blue with black tracer cables. One cable to the repeater bulb on the dash and the other to what the Lancia  wiring diag. calls a 4 outlet shunt block. 2 of the wires from here go the front and back indicators respectively and the other wire goes to the flasher unit. My problem was the cable from the column switch to the shunt block indicating open circuit. Further testing of this cable revealed that the crimped connection at the plug on the column wasn't gripping the core of the cable properly so the circuit continuity was very erratic. A new spade connector has solved the problem. Italian electrics !! Sad. Now to the back screen heater element.!!!. Regards David.
cheeky monkey

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 11:08:48 PM »

thanks David,
really useful info. Theres been discussions over indicators before. My solution ended up being disconnecting the handbrake warning light wire

eg. http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=146.msg146#msg146

Graham

1979 beta coupe 1300
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: