Lancia Beta Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:26:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic car insurance and guaranteed valuations  (Read 451 times)
JohnFol

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: November 20, 2023, 12:17:37 PM »

Morning all, I have had my Beta on a guaranteed valuation since buying it. Dan mentioned he couldn't get that through his insurer, and today I got this from Admiral where we have 5 cars + house insurance

"We are writing to you regarding your vehicle which is currently insured under a classic car policy on an agreed value basis. What this means is if your vehicle is written off or stolen and unrecovered you would receive an agreed value which is confirmed on your agreed value certificate.
With effect from 16/01/2024 we will no longer be offering agreed valuation on the registration listed above. From renewal, should your vehicles be written off or stolen and unrecovered you will receive market value. Market value is the cost of replacing your car, with one of a similar make, model, year, mileage and condition based on market prices at the time of the loss.
"

I'd be interested to hear if any insurers are offering guaranteed valuations, and what valuations people are getting (publicly or privately). So, who's insured where?
SanRemo78

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 01:55:29 PM »

I've had the Stratos rep insured through Hagerty's for many years. Premiums are reasonable for what it is and, fortunately, I've never had to make a claim.

I intend to insure the Beta through them when the time comes.

Guy

Hawk HF3000 - Square Arch Stratos Replica - owned since 1988.
Alfa Romeo 159 T1 2.4 Q4 Sportwagon - Believed one of 4 in UK.
Fiat Panda 100HP and now!
A Lancia Beta Coupe 1981 2 Litre
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 02:15:44 PM »

Hi

I am with Lancaster and they have the option for agreed value on a classic, simple to do. My Spider all in was around £180 including this.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: