Lancia Beta Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:42:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash display Oil temp and pressure and coolant values  (Read 314 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« on: November 03, 2023, 11:34:19 AM »

Hi All

Not sure if anyone has tried to quantify this before or if it is documented by Lancia, but I was interested to know what values of resistance/current activated the three main displays. I believe the sensors are the same pre and post facelift, so assume these values will be good for both.

Note these should be taken as approx as small changes in value result in large changes in the needle, also there is significant damping of the needles in the display which makes it even more interesting to obtain values.

I set the input voltage at approx 13V which is around alternator value when running, which should give you an idea of the value the sensor is at when the car is going along. Eric had commented to me some time ago how inaccurate the display etc was, which given the relative small changes in sensor value for full scale movement of the display I think is probably well said. Also I am unaware of any published calibration chart for the sensors, but guess they must exist somewhere. It would be interesting to see the tolerance values.

I used a variable resistor to get the values, the noted values being the voltage across this and the resistance. This will give current values going through the display. I took three readings, low mark, around the middle and high mark on the display.

Oil Pressure
Low 13.1V 4.6K Ohm
Med 13.0V 3.8K Ohm
High 12.4V 1.3K Ohm

Coolant
Low 13.2V 7.2K Ohm
Med 13.1V 6.2K Ohm
High 12.9V 2.9K Ohm

Oil Temp
Low 11.9V 3.7K Ohm
Med 11.4V 3.3K Ohm
High 10.7V 1.5K Ohm