Lancia Beta Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:18:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spyder Boot Lock  (Read 766 times)
The_Matrix_Master

« on: September 11, 2022, 05:26:03 PM »

The rusty boot lock on my spyder gave way in 2020 and sheared away from the plastic.
Fortunately or I thought so,I was able to source new one from a dealer in Italy "New old stock" as they say
It arrived and I didn't give it a thought one of those things I would get round to it
Well I've got round to it and found that the new lock is different than the one removed from the car and it doesn't work with my striker plate,clearly its a Lancia bootlock as the plastic part of the fitment is the same but its possibly meant for an updated series or maybe a coupe or HPE
Can anyone shed any light you can see the differences in the 2 pics the new one is like a "Spade wedge" and the original is a "stubby hook"
Interesting enough the way they look from manufacture is the last 3rd of each lock e.g. wedge or hook would have been selected to make a different fitment as the locks are 95% the same.
Even looks if you cut part of the wedge away you would be left with a lock pretty similar to the original.

Any thoughts?

* Beta1.jpg (92.01 KB, 810x1080 - viewed 121 times.)

* Beta2.jpg (56.39 KB, 810x1080 - viewed 128 times.)
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 09:48:43 AM »

The bottom picture is as per the lock on two of my Coupes 1300 S2fl and 2000ie. Both played up and had to be taken out (I never did get the 1300 to work properly). That would suggest that the lock sent from Italy is for a different model, Berlina/HPE? I've found the locks very sensitive to adjustment, so I wouldn't be confident that cutting down your new lock would work.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 09:50:37 AM by Neil-yaj396 » Logged
The_Matrix_Master

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 10:39:50 AM »

As you say Neil I wouldn't want to cut part of the lock away as if it doesn't work I could end up with a boot I couldn't get open and also butchered a perfectly good lock
If you say the bottom lock was/is the same as your coupes then it looks like spyder and coupes use the same fitment which leaves the lock from a Berlina/HPE
if it is a Beta lock at all.
I am fairly sure its not a Montecarlo or later Delta but it could also be from another of the Lancia model range from the same period i.e. Gamma?
If anyone else has any ideas please share at least I can then flog it (as it wasnt cheap) on EvilBay as its no use to me.
The search now continues again for a spyder boot lock with key
Nigel

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 04:19:36 PM »

I've just googled the part number [ boredom after a great weekend!]
and it came up on the 3rd page as a "Rear Lock Lancia beta Saloon"
after translation.

Another entry close by shows a price of 135 Euros.

Looks like Neil is correct.

N.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 04:21:41 PM by Nigel » Logged

1984 2.0 Carb HPE [ex Aus] Grigio Finanza.
2007 Mazda 6 2.3 [current daily, highly recommended]
The past:
1980 2.0 HPE White in South Africa [hope it survives!]
1976 1.6 Coupe Lancia Blu [PFG 76R] [probably deceased]
oh,and an Uno Turbo 1997 also in SA [stolen,never recovered]
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 05:55:07 PM »

Hi

I assume this is what you are looking for?

We just have to decide how to change barrels to keep your key as this one does not have a key or we need to re pin this lock to suit your key which is a more intensive job. When I re pinned my locks I cannot remember if I needed to do the boot one, probably not.

Send me a PM if you still need one.

Peter

* ADFCCB72-F4E7-44D1-8C7E-0F784B0186CB.jpeg (106.33 KB, 640x480 - viewed 102 times.)

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 05:57:26 PM »

Hi

I obviously have a rubbish memory, just checked on the lock thread I do and here is the boot one all exploded out…..

http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4191.msg28141#msg28141

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
The_Matrix_Master

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 08:07:46 PM »

Thanks Nigel at least I now know its a Berlina so I will look to move it on with a "Caveat"

Peter
I followed your threads re rekeying which I think was in response to one of my earlier threads with regard to a lost petrol flap lock key not long after you posted it.
Nothing wrong with your guide I just couldn't master it.
I tried to rekey the petrol flap lock and the tiny thin "tin" sheet that holds the tumblers and springs in just split in two rendering it useless and projecting the contents everywhere
That was the 1st issue the 2nd issue was my Fat Fingers and poor eyesight just couldn't cope with the tiny pieces.
So after rendering the petrol flap lock useless (its now free of springs and tumblers which I still have).I decided when the boot lock went I would have to source a lock with a key.
As getting a lock without a key and having to rekey it I feel would end in similar disaster for me.
Sad to have to admit it but I am clearly not that Dexterous
 Grin Roll Eyes Grin Roll Eyes

peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 08:55:24 PM »

Hi

So you could send me the old lock and I could install in the new outer, therefore giving you the old key code….

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
The_Matrix_Master

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2022, 09:20:53 PM »

Thanks for the offer Peter but the old lock is beyond repair when the lock seized and parted ways I had to drill it out to gain access to the boot so it's pretty much useless
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: