Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:21:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: F/L Spyder rear parcel shelf removal  (Read 1019 times)
Clifford

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: May 24, 2022, 08:33:23 PM »

Good evening.
I am spraying my black rear seats in my Spyder in order to improve their look and will post some pics when I have completed if anyone is interested.
Whilst I have these seats out I would also like to tidy up the back parcel shelf where the vinyl has split in a couple of places. The vinyl seems to be attached to a thin rigid material which forms the shelf.
I can't for the life of me see how this shelf lifts up for removal.
I have checked this forum,  my Haynes and Lancia manuals and can't find anything.
I don't want to force anything without knowing what I am doing as I am sure used ones aren't easily available.
Could anyone advise the correct procedure please?
Thanks
C

peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 10:06:36 PM »

Hi Clifford

You need to remove the rear seat backs and you should then be able to lift up the rear shelf.

I have the pre facelift version as well as a spare one if needed, but I seem to remember they are the same apart from vinyl black covering on the facelift version. The shelf is fibreglass moulding under the vinyl.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Clifford3051

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 07:13:53 PM »

Thanks Peter.
I have finally figured it out now.
So for any future reference for anyone with same lack of understanding:

The parcel shelf, as Peter described is a fibreglass formed shelf covered with a thin foam and then the black vinyl.

There are 2 captive (although not really as they are moving around underneath the vinyl) bolts facing down from underneath the shelf. These slot through the moulded fibreglass top cap of the back panel then the metal sheet inside the rear top of the boot.
The bolts are then accessed inside the boot at the underneath the metal bulkhead and then have nuts attached to hold the shelf in place.

The back panel referred to, is a separate piece and is also covered in vinyl and has the studs fixed to it for the tonneau cover press studs.
The back panel is fixed (not sure how yet) across the rear metal bulkhead behind the rear seat back rests.
As with a lot of these things it's all very fiddly getting the bolts back through the fibre glass cap and metal in the boot to then put the nuts on the bolts.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 10:55:45 PM »

Hi Clifford

Glad you sorted it, obviously different to the pre f/l setup then. I did break a f/l car, but that was 12 years ago and this was not something I was too interested in at the time!

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2022, 12:33:11 AM »

hi cliff ,i only a few miles way from you , but happy to help or assist when i
.can
Clifford3051

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 07:31:45 AM »

Thanks Darren. All OK now thank you.
Pages: [1]