Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:10:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Co and co2 meter readings weber DATR 34 2/250  (Read 849 times)
Clifford

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: September 20, 2021, 05:34:41 PM »

Hello all.
I am considering buying Gunsons Colourtune kit to tune the above 2l carb on my fl Spyder having seen reference to the kit several times on the forum. In principle it sounds quite easy to use, even for an amateur like myself but is there any advice any experienced users would offer please?
Also doess anyone know what the gas meter readings would be on a properly tuned DATR 34?
Thanks and regards
C
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 05:38:51 PM »

Colourtune is a surprisingly good aid to setting Idle mixture. Much beyond idle setting you need a load on the engine and real diagnostic kit i.e. a rolling road. You would not like the price of a CO meter worth having.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 09:00:09 PM »

Hi Clifford

You can also install a wide band O2 sensor in your exhaust and get a dynamic readout of the air fuel mixture as you drive using something like the AEM system.

https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/wideband-uego-air-fuel-controllers

I have the X-WIFI version, but all use the same sensor. When you do not need it you can simply put a bung in place of the sensor.

For the DATR it will give you a good idea if either the carb needs cleaning, float level is out or you have the wrong jetting etc. Not a full substitute for a rolling road session, but as a DIY option better than guess work.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Clifford

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 08:12:28 PM »

Thanks Eric
Not really considering purchase of a meter but s wondering what the results would be on meters after colour tuning.
That's a clever bit of kit Peter and maybe something for the future. I think first step is a colour tune kit.
Regards
C
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: