Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:32:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: spyder windscreen  (Read 1254 times)
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« on: September 21, 2021, 06:16:16 PM »

hellooo,could anyone help here please. i enquired with pilkington about a new bonded  windscreen for my spyder , manufactured february 1980, pilkington have said the screens/car changed that year, so they want measurements , to get exact measurements the trim needs to come off , but i not ready to do that yet, (i,ve tried to get a bonded screen out before , not nice or easy without breaking ). ..is their a code for screen for that manufactor date please
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 09:31:39 PM »

Hi Darren

I suggest you get the dimensions off Pilkingtons on the two screens as I suspect they are talking about bonded versus rubber seal versions. As far as I know there is only one bonded in version size. If you are in any doubt I can measure the trim measurement on mine and we can compare to yours as I know exactly what screen I ordered from them. I also have spare windscreens which you can offer up to your car if you wish.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 10:30:22 PM »

hi peter , from what ive read up i too think bonded version is slightly different , (mines bonded), i have an old screen and part of the metal frame surround , i managed to get the chrome  trim off tonight and there seems to be a 5mm gap between glass and body , ill measure up tomoz
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 08:03:08 AM »

Hi Darren

I can confirm the bonded windscreen is slightly larger (I bought one a while ago and compared to bonded version and there is approx 1-2 cm difference).

If you have the trim off then you should be able to measure what you have. Suggest you check it is a snug fit in the aperture just in case someone has tried to fit a seal one instead…….

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 05:41:30 PM »

hi peter , i have measured an old screen and i have nudged the chrome rim joint strips over on my spyder and both have a measurement of 685mm height x 1290mm on longest bottom point on curvature, does this size ring a bell to your one you ordered, thx
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 10:04:11 PM »

Hi Darren

Below is the label from the new screen I bought from them earlier this year. The dimensions are in line with what you have. It also gives you the 4716 part number. The letters after that are the tints. Hope that helps.

Peter

* 8C7025C8-13F2-4374-ABAA-D07C5DB051A2.jpeg (56.56 KB, 480x640 - viewed 167 times.)

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
chrisc

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 01:12:06 PM »

Thought it might be helpful to give an idea of lead times - my new screen for my coupe was delivered yesterday, ordered 2nd August.

Current:
S2FL Coupe 1600 (restoration project)

Former Lancias
HPE VX A52 VGK (parts donor)
C363 RPC (probably still sorned in cumbria with it's new owner)
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 02:31:14 PM »

thx chris , ive got in touch with pilkingtons , just waiting for a price back , then i,ll order . my car going in for respray so plenty of time
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: