Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:14:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HPE VX A252 TKX  (Read 1254 times)
jimincov

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: April 03, 2021, 02:07:09 PM »

Hi everyone hope you are all well.

been a while since Ive been able to tinker with the VX but had a very productive day yesterday.

car started first crank after 3 months idle. (i keep a solar panel charger connected in the garage - seems to do the trick) runs super smooth after warm up period. radiator looks poor so may be time for re-coring soon.

the sunroof was sagging in the rear right corner when closed and upon removal (had to drill off 4 of 8 screws) found the rear finger or cam and spring is missing. I couldnt see it in the sunroof cavity but i will check again with a pen light upon return.
If anyone has any sunroof spare parts or has seen any available anywhere I would be very grateful to know...
the cam itself is a good candidate for a 3d printed reproduction and I could attempt to make a replica spring... but it would be great if anyone has one they would part with.

vx badge has been moved to correct position - much better!

rear wiper assy stripped and found to be working perfectly save the spline box which is super tight - luckily its a lucas part common with other cars and has been ordered from ebay.

Ive fitted a delta HF steering wheel as personal preference over the classic but dated in my eyes beta wheel!

considering changing the front seats for VX coupe recaros if i can find some. the HPE seats are very comfortable but i feel like im going to fall out of the car going round a roundabout!

rear wheels are off for re conditioning so ill take the rear brake callipers off for broken nipple fix and seal replacement.

front wheels will be off next for front wishbone removal, refurb and re-bush. (betaboys bushes purchased)

need to investigate why the heater fan is causing fuse meltdown - is there a simple way to get to the fan motor? or is it a dash strip job? suspect fod clogging it up but dont know...

thanks as always for any advice

best regards

james.

jimincov

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 02:16:03 PM »

considering removing the spotlights - they do work - but a bit too workman like for a stylish gt in my opinion! what do u think?
jimincov

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 02:16:47 PM »

sun came out!

* IMG_3278s.jpg (1314.34 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 249 times.)
frankxhv773t

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 05:22:38 PM »

Those spot lights don't look particularly in keeping with the car but I suspect the extra illumination is very useful.

I'd hunt for something that looks like a good quality period accessory. There's a few new ones out there ranging from Holden Vintage and Classic who do licensed reproductions of Lucas oblong spot lights, but at £125a shot, or save a couple of hundred pounds for  Halfords Ring spot lights.

1995 Dedra 2.0 16v SW
1987 Y10 Fire
1977 Beta Spider 1.6
1962 Flaminia Berlina 2.5
Nigel

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 08:01:47 PM »

Lovely car James.

The heater fan is fed by only 2 wires, red and black, and they should be visible under
the passenger side, along with a connector block. I'm no electrician, but current draw
could be measured at this point. The fan speeds are 'regulated' by the resistor mounted
on the top left side of the scuttle. This is maybe another point that current draw could be measured.
Someone good with sparks will help i'm sure.

The entire heater box has to be removed to gain access to the fan motor. It can be done without removing
the dash. You'd need to remove the centre console. It hangs in place from the 4 x 6mm nuts in the scuttle, but
could well be 'glued' to the firewall by the factory insulation.

Hope this helps, Nigel

1984 2.0 Carb HPE [ex Aus] Grigio Finanza.
2007 Mazda 6 2.3 [current daily, highly recommended]
The past:
1980 2.0 HPE White in South Africa [hope it survives!]
1976 1.6 Coupe Lancia Blu [PFG 76R] [probably deceased]
oh,and an Uno Turbo 1997 also in SA [stolen,never recovered]
jimincov

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 03:55:06 PM »

thanks Nigel very helpfull  I will take a look
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: