Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:55:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Betaboyz lowered coil springs  (Read 1312 times)
Clifford

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: November 07, 2022, 02:51:32 PM »

Hi all.
I have a sets of front and rear lowered Betaboyz coil springs which at some point I plan to have installed on my Facelift Spyder.
Initially my thoughts are to install both front and rear using the standard shocks (although the rear inserts are not that old from  Betaboyz parts).

I saw a note on Mark's website from someone called Mike giving his feedback on these Springs, where he had only installed the rear Springs and suggested this was the right way to go with a front wheel drive car.

I don't intend any track driving with the car. I really want the lowering to improve its stance and stability when cornering with reduced roll for everyday driving.

I have read read previous posts but would be interested in others' views on whether to go for both front and back and how satisfactory installing these springs has been for their cars.
Thanks
C
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 03:11:49 PM »

Betas have a tendency to motorboat with the front end sitting high especially on acceleration.

Fitting the rear springs would reduce the tendency to squat but exasperate the front end up look  - I'd replace all four.
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 05:44:40 PM »

What Stuart Said! I would add the the Spax adjustable inserts if you can so you can change the damping to help with the motor boat behaviour.

Eric
Clifford

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 08:41:19 PM »

Thank you for your input and and advice guys.
C
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: