Lancia Beta Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:44:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "No Volt Release" switches  (Read 2546 times)
JohnFol

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: October 29, 2020, 05:33:35 PM »

Afternoon all, when I kitted out the garage many moons ago I put a fused spur to the workbench and a big on/off switch mounted in the workbench. This in turn energised a couple of double sockets and a few hard wired devices such as bench grinder. The idea was I could hit 1 "kill" switch and the whole bench goes dead

Roll forward a few years and I'd like to replace the big on/off with a "No Volt Release" switch. They seem to be rated at 10A so energising a few sockets might be pushing it a bit. Chance of running over 10A is miniscule, but the whole point is safety. Not against buying more than 1, but any advice on higher rated switches?

peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 06:04:51 PM »

Hi John

This one is rated to 16A. I would have thought that would be plenty of head room for a workbench given you would normally be using one piece of kit at a time?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Woodturning-Woodworking-No-Volt-Release-Switch-NVR-Stand-Alone-Switch-with-emer-/114347705243?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
JohnFol

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 06:29:28 PM »

I'd hope so! I also have 2 trickle chargers permanently plugged in, and of course the amp/receiver so it does creep up.

Link is great and good to know such a gadget exists.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: