Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:56:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: '78 HPE - Weber but not one of those in the manuals  (Read 11124 times)
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 11:32:28 AM »

Apologies for delay this link may explain?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ta5mq1ng6y09r54/AADCjMZTLnvgdZDOQjLX1qTRa?dl=0

I have more info but sorry no time to do it now

this type of carb was fitted from series 2 facelift onwards so it does not feature in the official manual (which ony covers s1 cars) and possibly not haynes (didn't check) as they never have updated manuals very well 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 02:24:48 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 12:54:57 PM »

I wonder if the secondary idle jet on mine takes the role of the "calibrated bore" with it's spring ball valve? If so the workings imply a slightly different emulsion tube compared to what would be needed in the example in the link. Anyway I have opened the secondary idle jet one full turn and will drive it like that for a while: If I do not experience hestitation when giving it the full welly that will be how it stays.
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2020, 10:44:37 AM »

The car ran well, eventually. I sold it due to having too many, but as written elsewhere that was a stupid mistake. Yep there are mistakes that are not downright stupid  Wink
I bought it back last year when I found out it was sitting forlornly in a garage.

In the meantime the clowns had been at the carb again. It was all over the place. The lowest CO I could achieve was 6.9%. In addition the idle jets were so loose in their bores they rattled their way down to closed in a few minutes at idle. The float ensured the engine flooded, instead of the prescribed 7mm it was several mm out.

Nearly there now, next is tuning with gas tester.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: