Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:01:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Volumex clutch  (Read 2760 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »

Does anyone have any information if there is any merit in replacing the standard volumex clutch with a 'grale 8v one - price or otherwise? Clutch is on the way out and im contemplating the upgrade. I will probably end up doing some minor tweaking to the car but I wouldnt expect me to push more than 170 - 180bhp. Pointless or worth doing? anyone done it? changes in feel?

----------------------------------------------------------------

The 8v Integrale/Thema clutch is rated to 185bhp and 236lbs torque which from what you are planning will be more than enough. Later Integrale/Thema/Dedra clutches are push as opposed to pull or vice versa, never can remember, but will need adapting to take into account the hydraulics and mounting of a slave cylinder. It has been done. How big is your wallet?

Contact Helix Clutches 01869 340005 if you need more grip.

good luck,

Andybeta

------------------------------------------------------

Cheers thats the information I was looking for. A stock clutch it will have to be for the moment, as im a skinflint Smiley

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi cpc9,

AFAIK the 8v grale clutch (beware not 8vkat) is a straight bolt on job to the Beta VX. Disc and press is the same, only the bearing differs. If you look at it will notice how Sachs use the same reference for 8v grale and Beta VX clutches.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Ruben

------------------------------------------------------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: