Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:12:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bolts for end of rear anti roll bar to hub  (Read 3082 times)
rossocorsa
« on: August 08, 2009, 01:02:06 PM »

when my vx was stripped at the back the original bolts were cut off as they were rusted into oblivion, now I am near to reassembling anyone know the precise dimensions thread and tensile strength of this bolt and if possible where to buy some? It was originally part number 16240731 and has only recently been deleted by Fiat as it was also  used in some 145/146 alfa steering racks believe it or not! (I tried to order some and the dealers were able to order them but it came back  nla  Sad )  Alternatively anyone got a couple of decent ones they can spare?
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »

Hi,

I am 99% sure I have these items, always pays to chuck these types of thing into the "Lucky dip" box of bolts when dismantling cars.  These I am sure came of my old black VX Coupe.

They are 19mm head and nut, 75mm total length, 12mm diameter, threaded only at last 20mm.  Kept the washers too.  The nuts have a slot at the mid point. (If anyone can enlighten me to why thats done please do so - is it to stop over tightening?)

If you want them then just mail me your address and I'll pop them in the post.

BTW - I have looked at my Beta Coupe and they look like the ones fitted to my car.

Cheers

Matt

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
rossocorsa
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »

thanks I'll send you a mail with address as reads the slit in the nut i think it is a form of locking mechanism pre-nylok
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 07:27:16 PM »

Matt

Anorak moment. The slot in the nuts is meant to allow the top half to be bent in creating a cheap locking nut. A kind of cheap and nasty Nylock.

Eric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: