Lancia Beta Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:08:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel pump location  (Read 3504 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:06:53 PM »

I am a new owner of a 1981 Lancia beta Zagato.  I think the Fuel pump has failed or the Fuel filter is clogged.  Where are these located?  Yes i have a manual on the way but it hasn't arrived yet.

Scott O'Brien
Flower Mound, TX USA

------------------------------------------------------------------------

fuel pump and filter are located atop rear supsension frame. on usa cars,
remove passenger side rear wheel and look up at front of gas tank. you
should see fuel line going to filter and then to pump.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fuel pump is located on the rear Axle Beam ...There is a method to removing it that you need to read up on before you go there Smiley
Also you should consider if the real problem is not the fuel tank being full of debris..This is very common on the Zagato's and other BETA's......
there is a screen in the tank, permanent mounting Sad it clogs up and stop the fuel flow or slows it down so your fuel pump over heats and self destructs.
The fuel filter is after the pump, ......
You need to do what most of us have done......Clean out the tank, reach down into the tank with a long tool and destroy the screen, run the fuel line thru a replaceable filter BEFORE the fuel pump, Replace the fuel pump IF NEEDED,,,,Cheap replacement from AutoZone for $70.00 Ask for the 1981 Fiat 124 Spider pump and you will see Smiley.......install new pump and new after pump filter and then start diving, whenever you feel the sluggishness return,,,,replace the prefilter before the pump that you installed,,,mine is in the trunk for easy access......If you decide to tackle this,,,email me and we can talk on the phone, I have free phone line Smiley 

------------------------------------------------------------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: