Lancia Beta Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:33:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Lancia Related  (Read 2078 times)
hutch6610

« on: July 30, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »

I have to share this with you all.

Was harassed tonight by somebody with a 09 Ford Focus - teach me not to walk out of the workshop in daylight!
It transpires that he had put Diesel into a petrol car ............ Not possible, right? ...... Wrong!

How?
He goes into the petrol station and finds out that the Diesel pump nozzle does not fit - i mean, that should be enough to make you think? and what sort of a dope hires a car and does not know what fuel it uses!

What does he do ... he scours around in the boot and finds the little funnel Ford have been thoughtful enough to supply you with in case you run out of petrol - purpose? ..... its to open the little flap as new Ford cars do not have a filler cap to loose and of course petrol cans do not have the correct shape end to open the little flap inside.

Anyway this dope used this "funnel" to put in £30.00 of Diesel into a petrol car, three quarters of a tank of the wrong fuel.

It was most amusing ..... NOT....... trying to get this stuff out, oh and the SMOKE on trying to start it.
Ford had put all these fail safes in place to prevent such an occurrence and somebody with persistence managed to get around it - shows you a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing in the wrong hands.

To go off at a slight tangent shall we say - if he has indeed damaged the Catalyst, this car will be polluting for three years as they are exempt from MOT's for the first three.

MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 06:15:14 PM »

Designers put "idiot-proof" fail-safes in place only for mother nature to prove that she can come up with a better idiot. !

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
hutch6610

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 02:47:32 PM »

Hmmmm i can just picture it, a new breed of Super Idiot can you imagine the mayhem they could cause?
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 08:25:34 PM »

Hmmmm i can just picture it, a new breed of Super Idiot can you imagine the mayhem they could cause?

Imagine Huh? We've already got one. He's called Gordon !
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 11:40:50 AM »

Here Here Stuart !

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: