Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:32:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Removibg intermediate shaft  (Read 2707 times)
Per

Norway Norway

« on: June 07, 2019, 10:45:08 PM »

Finally got around to replace the clutch. The manual is a bit unclear when it comes to removing the intermediate shaft from diff to RH drive shaft. Do I undo the three small bolts on the RH bracket plus the four bolts holding the shaft to the diff and pull to the right? Or do I remove the whole big RH bracket? Does the shaft come out of the diff without removing the cover held by four small bolts on the diff?
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 08:52:34 AM »

A photo might help?
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 09:19:04 AM »

Having done this I should know but can't remember, if you just want to remove the gearbox I think there is no need to remove the mounting though. One thing I would mention is whilst you have access and if it has not been done consider removing the mount and replacing the bearing. It's rarely changed but it does wear, with the shaft in place the inertia of the shaft disguises the wear but once the shaft is out odds on it will feel worn and gritty to rotate.
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 12:14:17 PM »

Ok undid the small bolts on the bracket end. But manual does not say drain diff/box and of course that has to be done if I remove the four bolts holding the intermediate shaft bearing into the diff. If not it will drain that way. So what is the correct procedure?
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 05:25:34 PM »

The shaft fits on to a small stub shaft that sticks out of the diff. There's a splined sleeve on the inboard end of the intermediate shaft you should be able to see. There's no need to remove the four bolts at the diff. The bearing in the housing is held in place with a circlip. remove the circlip and the shaft should tap out of the housing complete with bearing. If not support the engine and remove the housing from the block together with the driveshaft. There's a circlip at the sline end too (I think...) so the first tap to get it moving might need to be a firm one.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 07:55:55 PM »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/nR0hoarE7cPyNL0QqNgJFWh89uT89lHxvu3fyu5qFnK

I think gearbox just slides off but I can't remember for sure
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 11:38:43 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: