Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:40:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Saloon heater matrix  (Read 3285 times)
squiglyzigly

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: January 25, 2019, 06:19:28 PM »

Does anyone know if the S2/S3 coupe/hpe heater matrix is the same as Saloon S2 matrix?

Thanks
Ian

VX HPE (resto started Sept ‘21)
Beta Saloon 2.0l s2 1979 (completed July 2020)
Beta coupé VX (completed April 2017)
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 09:58:09 PM »

Does anyone know if the S2/S3 coupe/hpe heater matrix is the same as Saloon S2 matrix?

Thanks
Ian

I can have a look but can I clarify what you mean by S2/3 are you really meaning S2 FL (S3 in Italy) and S2 FL 2 (S4 in Italy) my microfiche reader isn't working so can't check the really late cars but I'll have a look.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 12:21:09 AM »

S2FL (Series 3) coupé/hpe/spider vs. Series 2 update (long gutter, electronic ignition) berlina matrix is the same. Earlier S2 cars it appears that all except some 1300 berlina are the same. Even most S1 seem to have the same matrix although they offer a different one for scandanavian countries ( probably when Saab were selling them!)
squiglyzigly

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 05:20:53 PM »

Thanks for that. The Saloon that I’m restoring is a ‘78 build/‘79 uk registered short gutter model (with electronic ignition) and I’m not sure what condition the matrix will be in when it’s running as the stripped engine had head gasket problems.

I have a couple of heater boxes from 81-84 coupe/hpe in the loft, and so I was hoping they will fit should I need one.

Thanks again
Ian

VX HPE (resto started Sept ‘21)
Beta Saloon 2.0l s2 1979 (completed July 2020)
Beta coupé VX (completed April 2017)
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 09:43:27 PM »

Thanks for that. The Saloon that I’m restoring is a ‘78 build/‘79 uk registered short gutter model (with electronic ignition) and I’m not sure what condition the matrix will be in when it’s running as the stripped engine had head gasket problems.

I have a couple of heater boxes from 81-84 coupe/hpe in the loft, and so I was hoping they will fit should I need one.

Thanks again
Ian

I'll try to remember to check the late series ones too but suspect they will be the same as well so all good news! Unusual for lancia really!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: