Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:31:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Saloon chassis number - where is it?  (Read 3990 times)
squiglyzigly

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: December 23, 2018, 03:14:04 PM »

Any idea where, if it has one ,where the chassis number is stamped into the body?

It’s on the riveted alloy chassis plate but I can’t see it stamped in the body.

‘79 Saloon.

VX HPE (resto started Sept ‘21)
Beta Saloon 2.0l s2 1979 (completed July 2020)
Beta coupé VX (completed April 2017)
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 04:54:43 PM »

I thought it was normally in the gulley to the left of the windscreen wiper motor, often covered in paint so hard to see?

Please correct me if wrong as may be thinking of another car!

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Ammy

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 11:02:30 AM »

You're correct Peter,  that's where they normally are.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 07:09:08 PM »

Hi

Thanks.

Just to clarify, I think it is on the left looking into the engine bay from the FRONT......, i.e. On the drivers side for RHD car.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
squiglyzigly

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »

Thanks chaps. It’s been painted before so I might have to clean it back.
I’ll get scrubbing.

squiglyzigly

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 05:38:35 PM »

I've not found it yet. Is it definately in the same place as the coupe/hpe cars?

Can anyone take a picture of a saloon chassis number in its location please?

much appreciated
Ian

squiglyzigly

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 09:49:08 AM »

Found it.

By chance I was preparing the bulkhead area/wiper motor gulley for painting and a rough image like an old primary school brass rubbing appeared. It is between the 2 bolts that hold the interior heating ventilation box to the underside of the bulkhead.
When the car is assembled this area is hidden underneath the Deflector plate that the windscreen washer spray jet sits on and stops water going straight through the bonnet grill and into the heater box. You really aren’t meant to find this by the looks of it.

I’m rather pleased it matches my log book or else I’ve nearly finished restoring a car that wouldn’t be mine!

* 1B016C5E-E7D4-402D-AC39-815D666A82C7.jpeg (94.79 KB, 640x480 - viewed 233 times.)

rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 10:48:56 AM »

July 78 car
squiglyzigly

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 11:15:54 AM »

Thanks Rossocorsa. Nice to know. I know very little about saloons and their variations. I bought the car as a non running restoration project and many parts were not fitted. So I hope and presume what I have is correct.
It is the series 2 (if that is the correct term) with enclosed headlights, indicators in front bumper, rear light units with vertically split lenses, full length body side mouldings, rear vents in the side windows and long stainless gutters.
Does this sound like i’m building it as produced?

I should try and do a build restoration thread but I’m furiously trying to get it finished before my furlough comes to an end.

Thanks
Ian

rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 12:39:32 PM »

Thanks Rossocorsa. Nice to know. I know very little about saloons and their variations. I bought the car as a non running restoration project and many parts were not fitted. So I hope and presume what I have is correct.
It is the series 2 (if that is the correct term) with enclosed headlights, indicators in front bumper, rear light units with vertically split lenses, full length body side mouldings, rear vents in the side windows and long stainless gutters.
Does this sound like i’m building it as produced?
I should try and do a build restoration thread but I’m furiously trying to get it finished before my furlough comes to an end.

Thanks
Ian

Berlina series are more blurred I would assume this is the mild facelift on the series 2 in that it has gutters that run all the way to the back (instead of stopping at the end of the windows), electronic ignition, thermostatic engine air intake and the same woollen upholstery as early facelift coupé/HPE?
I'm very jealous of those on furlough! No chance to get on with my car and I hate work anyway 😂 make the most of it while it lasts.
squiglyzigly

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 07:27:19 PM »

Yes everything you mention is correct except no thermostatic air intake control. The interior is as you say, blue check woollen.
It’s my first Berlina (Lost count of coupes, HPE and spider cars that have slipped through my ownership) and so a few of the features are new to me such as no intermittent position on the wipers and the outer dashboard vents are not connected to the ventilation system, just a couple of holes Into the scuttle panel void to pull some air from the bonnet grill when the car is moving! Might have to try and make something to give them vents a bit more purpose, such as some switched 12v computer fans tucked in the scuttle void.

Furlough has become a gift to allow me to get this project on the road, just hope I’ve got a job to go back to when it’s all clear 🥺

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: