Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:12:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: BEETAMEET JULY 2018 -Open to all Lancia model owners!  (Read 17224 times)
WestonTB

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 09:05:51 AM »

I can vouch for that one Neil, 190 thousand miles & counting!  Considering a nip up-to  John O Groats in October but my co driver wants to take the grale Undecided

Many Thanks also to Mark for the scenic (HOT) route and the most welcome Italian fizzy water at the other end Smiley

Tim.
RichB

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 03:20:10 PM »

The CMX 130T beta looks lovely! Fab colour / model .
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2018, 11:05:10 AM »

Did you see the accident that Marco's black Volumex had? Posted on Facebook (Lancia Enthusiasts), not good! First major near write off for a while fortunately...….
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2018, 12:29:31 PM »

Neil I suspect technically that is a write off, only the owners determination will stop it!
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 02:17:48 PM »

For any who don't get Viva Lancia I've copied the part of my article relevant to Betameeta as printed this month below;

When Amanda and Steve Dodge kindly offered to host this year’s Betameeta in Somerset I initially wasn’t going to attend. It seemed a long trip from Yorkshire for one day’s driving, despite the promising turnout of Betas on offer, plus the prospect of lovely country lanes and sea views. However, for once, my work came to my assistance. I found out that I was required to attend HMRC’s new regional centre in Croydon on Thursday 5th July and a road trip immediately sprang to mind!

Leaving home in my 1300 Beta Coupe on the day before, I drove the 260 mainly motorway miles to Croydon with ease on one of the very hot days that we have come to expect this summer. Some may remember the fuelling issues that I had with this car mentioned in a previous article, but since it’s return from Italy last year it remains a contented motorway cruiser. The car was deposited in a new secure looking multi storey next to my destination and I retired to the nearby Jury’s hotel for the next two evenings.

I returned to the Beta on Friday lunchtime to tackle my next drive to my brother’s house in Woolton on The Hill near Newbury on Friday lunchtime via the M25 and M4. All initially went well, until I hit a 12 mile queue on the M25 clockwise all the way to the M4. Cars seemed to be falling like flies to the hard shoulder as they overheated in the baking sun, but my aftermarket fan thermostat kept things reasonably cool on the Beta as the fan buzzed merrily away. It was a relief to arrive at my brother’s after some directions from a helpful lollipop lady, my sat nav having succumbed to the heat unlike my Lancia.

On Saturday, after a delicious Sushi lunch and the excitement of watching England progress to the World Cup semi finals, I hit the A313 towards the Alpine Lodge campsite near Chard (much recommended), where I was to pitch my tent for the next two nights. I met my friend Tim Weston, who was also camping with his son Jacob, at the pub closest to the site, where the grumpy staff had made it clear that they were too busy to make us any food. However, it mattered not, it turned out that we had missed our invite to Amanda and Steve’s for a barbecue, this being relayed to us by Theo Kyriacou just in time for us to notify the landlady that we did want her food anyway. The three of us piled into the 1300 and headed North towards Taunton. On arriving, as well as some refreshing food and drink, Tim, Jacob and myself got a tantalising preview of some of the cars that we would be driving with on the following day, not to mention Andy Collins’ Fiat Punto Automatic – not a lot of those left!

After a camper’s breakfast the next morning we returned in both Beta Coupes, Tim’s bright orange 1600 always catching the eye of passers-by. Amanda and Steve’s driveway rapidly filled up with the best turnout of Beta’s for some years as we enjoyed our bacon butties. Hopefully Tony’s pictures will do this some justice, but my particular favourites were the immaculate B Reg black Volumex and red 2000ie Coupes, the former being sold new by Amanda’s fathers garage back in the day. We were then led on a delightful drive by Mark Wastinage in his brown Trevi (yes, two Trevis at one meeting!), but not before he had adjusted the cambelt with the help of a proffered spanner! Although we did get somewhat separated at times the drive was to take in winding lanes, steep hills and sudden spectacular sea views, ending at the holy grail of Betadom, Mark’s Betaboyz parts warehouse, where we enjoyed hot and cold drinks and a preview of some of the intriguing new parts that Mark is currently commissioning. A great day out with no breakdowns in blistering heat once again. We done Amanda and Steve.

After another warm nights camping it was leg number four (or is that five?) to the Travelodge in Bristol via Bath and a nice cool underground carpark for the Beta. Tuesday was graduation day in Bath for my son Jack with all the family in attendance, a proud day for a fine young man if I say so myself!

On Wednesday I made the short trip to Bristol Parkway where the Beta had another rest while I took the train to Paddington and back for another work meeting. This had of course been planned before England’s progression in the football, with no prospect of driving the 200 odd miles home before kick-off even if my train was on time, which it wasn’t! Fiddling with my 40-year-old radio-cassette had not located ‘5 Live’ over the weekend, but South of Sheffield it burst into life in time to hear of Trippier’s spectacular goal. The second half safely ensconced in my local club was of course a less pleasurable experience.

Round trip: 879 miles.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: