Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:50:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternator wiring  (Read 2557 times)
Tobi

Germany Germany

« on: November 01, 2017, 12:11:09 AM »

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a 1981 Beta Coupe 2000. Unfortunately, the wiring is a bit messy.
Trying to get my radiator to work i found that there is no cable going from the alternator to the starter motor. Instead its connected to ground (lower thick black and white cable in the picture, the other one goes to the fuse box). So i was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is correct the way it is or if this was supposed to be the connection to the starter that is indicated in the wiring diagrams?
Out of curiosity, is there a reason why there are two cables going into the fuse box instead of only one power supply?

Thanks if anyone can help
Tobi

* Lancia_beta-alternator.jpg (112.8 KB, 800x600 - viewed 422 times.)
capriblu

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »

On mine I have three of the heavier black/white cables.  Two connected to  + terminal on alternator, one to starter and other back to fusebox.  Another acting as ground running from threaded post on body of alternator (Opposite side to + terminal) to threaded post on lower engine block.

!980 2.0 Coupe - Owned since 1990
Tobi

Germany Germany

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 07:11:47 PM »

I will add the missing connection then. Hopefully that will help. The wire going from the relay to the sensor seems to be broken as well...

Thanks for replying.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: