Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:46:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternator, starter etc. wiring  (Read 2152 times)
jreacock

England England

« on: March 12, 2017, 09:33:35 PM »

Hi Guys. I managed to get my engine back in yesterday, and have started putting all the bits and pieces back. It's been out for a year now - much longer than I planned, and as I was preparing to extract it, I took what I thought would be plenty of pics showing various details. Unfortunately, I missed some of the vital wiring areas, and need a bit of help. The Haynes wiring diagram isn't great to be honest, and some of the colours just don't match what I see.

So - could someone let me know where each of the hefty black and white wires that go to either side of the fuse box go? I think that one of them goes to the alternator +ve (the driver's side one), and the other to the +ve battery terminal - but I'm just guessing.

The reverse sensor - anyone have a pic of which block this connects to? I have a yellow/black and white wire connector, but the wire length seems a bit generous for the distance.

Any other wiring information that anyone has would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Justin.

69 Fulvia 1.6HF S1
71 Works Fulvia 1.6HF
75 Gp4 Stratos HF
81 Beta Spyder 2.0
82 037 Rally stradale
Kevo

England England

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »

So - could someone let me know where each of the hefty black and white wires that go to either side of the fuse box go? I think that one of them goes to the alternator +ve (the driver's side one), and the other to the +ve battery terminal - but I'm just guessing.

That's exactly how my 81 Coupe is.

The reverse sensor - anyone have a pic of which block this connects to? I have a yellow/black and white wire connector, but the wire length seems a bit generous for the distance.

I will see if I can get a photo.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:26:17 AM by peteracs » Logged

1979 Beta Coupe 1600
1972 Triumph TR6 Pi
2005 BMW Z4 Roadster
jreacock

England England

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 04:33:10 PM »

Thanks Kevo - very useful.

69 Fulvia 1.6HF S1
71 Works Fulvia 1.6HF
75 Gp4 Stratos HF