Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:57:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help Sourcing All Suspension Bushings & Suspension Changes Advice;  (Read 2863 times)
JungleJustice

United States United States

« on: March 12, 2017, 08:29:58 AM »

Good Day! Thanks for putting this forum together and maintaining it! (I know from my experiences and involvement in other forums for Alfa Romeo, 6-cylinder CBX and 2-stroke Yamaha V4 500cc motorcycles and classic BMWs, that it's a labor of love...)

I want to completely re-bush our 1981 Zagato Spyder - utilizing poly bushings where possible (and where it makes sense - without compromising ride quality.) We are looking for firmer, lowered ride height - not excessively though - with reduced roll and better bump and rebound characteristics.

Is there a resource out there for all of the suspension bushings - or a list of available parts and NLA parts? What about for the struts?

Perhaps the moderators can make this thread a sticky if there's good information compiled to help future posters?
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 08:38:54 AM »

Beta Boyz Parts will do this for you.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:48:31 AM »

Hi and welcome

Mark at BetaBoyz lanciabetaparts.co.uk can help. Also there is an old thread about the front wishbone PU bushes using some Ferrari 155 bushes. Do not have the link to hand, but a search should reveal it.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 11:39:04 AM »

On shocks & springs I seem to recall the US spec springs were softer than the Euro ones so std Euro spec springs might be a good first upgrade. Note the differences in spring ( and shock) lengths between the different models.

On the shocks there were two types fitted- Rebuilable and sealed. If yours have a castellated nut in top of the strut case then it's relatively easy to take out the old insides and put a new cartridge in. If not you'll need to modify the housings.
JungleJustice

United States United States

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 01:15:22 AM »

Thanks for the advice guys!

Bought some NOS shocks but they seem old and not right... Options are SO limited here!

We're thinking about modifying the housings with something like these weld-in strut-tubes from Ireland Engineering (or something similar - have to take some measurements), to give us total flexibility and broad availability of parts going forward. With adjustable perches and the housing sized appropriately, we can pick and choose shock inserts custom valving, adjustable bump and rebound and we'll be able to select an infinite number of spring rates, ride heights etc.

I'll chat with Beta Boyz about the bushing kits!

Over the weekend we also chatted with another Zagato owner (1979), at an Italian event and he talked about larger diameter anti-roll bars that he bought via Summit Racing some years ago!? Anybody else know about this?

* coilover strut-tubes.jpg (29.15 KB, 450x212 - viewed 450 times.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:21:20 AM by JungleJustice » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: