Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:39:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interior re-trimming costs  (Read 7906 times)
Jeff

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: May 12, 2016, 04:32:22 AM »

Would be grateful to hear what anyone has paid for re-trim work, and any recommended suppliers. My inquiries so far have been either very expensive or declined (by domestic furnishings upholsterers).
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 08:13:43 AM »

Jeff

Re-trimming is an expensive job whatever material is chosen and it depends how extensive the job is. Obviously seats only is cheaper than seats plus all other cabin trim, but a bad job looks terrible. The range is probably £1,000 £1,500 plus materials for a car interior i.e. seats door panels rear panel and roof trim. I am getting my Monte re-trimmed for the Monte Consortium Turin trip and I have had epic problems with the supply of appropriate fabric because I do NOT want a leather interior. I have found a very skilled trimmer in Boune End, bucks but I have had to postpone due to fabric suppliers letting me down. My advice is focus hard on the materials you need and get samples as quick as possible and check the situation on stock and delivery.

Good Luck

Eric 
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 08:27:25 AM »

Would be grateful to hear what anyone has paid for re-trim work, and any recommended suppliers. My inquiries so far have been either very expensive or declined (by domestic furnishings upholsterers).

The guy I used is based at Melton, reasonable price, years of experience on car trimming and nice guy to boot.

If you want his details let me know.

All the best

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Hawk

England England

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 09:35:58 AM »

As above - it depends on what you mean by re-trim and whether you are prepared to have a go at fitting yourself.

Roof lining is tricky - door cards are easy.  Seat repairs vary!

On one of my seats (which just required some stitching and a panel replaced) I removed the cover and took it to a guy I know who does repairs on motorcycle leathers.  He sowed in a new piece of vinyl and I put back on.

It's fiddly but not that complicated - the seats come apart easily enough.

When I got quotes for a complete interior re-trim it was all upwards of £1000
Jeff

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »

Thanks for the replies, guys. That gives me a rough idea, and I will continue to make inquiries. I think I would be prepared to pay a thousand (we all have to make a living) but beyond that I would be reluctant. My first problem would be material by the sound of it. I will report back as and when, but this is a slow lane campaign, so don't hold your breath!
arguti

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 12:00:13 PM »

I am looking at some retrim work and need to know how many meres of fabric to order for a coupe. some have mentioned between 6-8 metres. any advice appreciated.
Hawk

England England

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 03:21:20 PM »

Surely the trimmer can tell you? 
JohnFol

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 09:39:08 AM »

Hi Eric, I have used TrimMania for the new hood and they did a great job. Would be interested in the trimmer you have recommended in Bourne End as always good to get a comparable quote. Do you have details?
George-S

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 10:35:59 AM »

I had my rear seats reupholstered in leather that was around £500 last year.
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 12:35:14 PM »

Hi John

AJ's Trimming Andrew Stenning 01628 530257 www.ajtrimming.co.uk

He is a busy guy usually working at least a month ahead.

Eric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: