Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:16:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta meet 2016  (Read 29198 times)
smithymc

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 07:43:16 PM »

I'm at the Scotsman pack too for Saturday night.

Looks like quite a bit of pressure on rooms in the area.

Mark
WestonTB

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 11:11:39 PM »

Hi All,
Hope accommodation is available where needed, please feel free to contact me at : timweston@hotmail.co.uk and I will help with any further info as regards other places to stay and various phone numbers etc.
I have booked a table at the Grouse inn Longshaw (Froggatt edge) numbers are flexible and any of who wish to drive can leave our cars there overnight , the Beer is very good as is the steak pie! I will sort the taxi(s) to various accommodations.

It would be great to have as many cars as last year, so any of you battling with various "Beta gremlins" don't loose heart! As A.Body said, don't fiddle with them too much, just use them, they like it! Mine should be breaking the 200 thou M mark in the next couple of years, plenty of life left...(fingers crossed)

Tim.
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 05:42:40 PM »

I'm free that weekend  Grin and have just booked the last room at the Scotsman pack for the Saturday night.
Sadly I won't be in a Lancia, unless I manage to pick something up beforehand  ?

Tim thanks for putting this together, sounds like its going to be a cracking weekend

Tony

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 09:01:51 PM »

Looks like this is one I'll have to sit out, or perhaps turn up for the Saturday only. I'm told I have non-negotiable parenting duties for the Sunday.
betabuoy

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2016, 04:07:07 PM »

You've put an impressive weekend plan together Tim and I'm sad that I'll not be able to join you. You've probably seen my Coupe on the For Sale page so you'll know what's going on. Still, if there are no takers through Betaboyz, at least I can say I tried (perhaps not very hard!).  I'm not letting him go cheap though, nor am I prepared to put up with the eBay nonsense.  I'll take a 'no sale' as a sign that we're destined to stay together and I'll dig him out of his sleep in Shropshire in a few years time.

Good luck with the weekend and I hope you find some uncluttered roads.

Chris

1979 Beta Coupe S2FL (1st registered May 1983!)
1967 Morris Minor Traveller
1925 Austin 7 Chummy
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 10:19:47 PM »

I left it too late and everything seems booked  Cry
My plan is (was?) to travel up on Friday 8th July and stay for 2 nights.
Best option for me now seems to be the Manor House Hotel in Dronfield. Not too far from the rest of you I think but does anyone know anything about it or has any other suggestions?

Theo Kyriacou
WestonTB

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 10:39:02 PM »

Hi Theo,
Dronfield is not far away , have you tried the Barrel inn at Bretton, The Yorkshire Bridge nr Bamford, Hope, Castleton, I think there is still a room at the Little John in Hathersage. Please feel free to mail me : timweston@hotmail.co.uk and I will try and come up with more ideas but Dronfield is good and a stones throw from the Grouse Inn.
Cheers, Tim.  (p.s Chris... DON'T SELL THE BETA!)
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 10:46:17 PM »

I've booked the Manor House in Dronfield http://www.manor-househotel.co.uk/ as it seems reasonably priced (£125 for 2 nights) and reasonably near. Plus I can cancel the booking if I find something better or closer but as I'm off to 3ma16 on Thursday morning http://www.131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=7939.msg66614#msg66614 I thought I'd better book something now!  Wink Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
johnb

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 11:38:23 AM »

Sounds like a great plan. I'm planning to be there. Not sure if any of my Betas on the road, but still want to make. Cheers John

1977 Beta 2000 HPE (2nd Series), 1981 Beta 2000 Coupe (2nd Series/FL), 1988 Delta HF Integrale 8v
WestonTB

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 11:07:21 PM »

That's brilliant news John, hope nothing serious is preventing the use of Beta's/integrale. I'm hopefully dusting off my 77 spider for a good friend to use for the weekend and may have a spare Fiat N/A 16v coupe if anyone fancies borrowing something Italian?
Tim.
Aitch

Scotland Scotland

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 02:26:25 PM »

Somehow I missed this...just as I managed to miss Betameeta last year. Is there room for one more with a little black coupe? Howard
smithymc

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2016, 05:32:05 PM »

The more the merrier if you can find some accommodation.

Mark
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 06:40:36 AM »

Somehow I missed this...just as I managed to miss Betameeta last year. Is there room for one more with a little black coupe? Howard

It's not an invite or numbers thing as Mark says, all very informal. Just turn up with your car.
Aitch

Scotland Scotland

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 05:41:10 PM »

Thanks guys. I've sorted accommodation so Luci and I will be there. Looking forward to it... H.
smithymc

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2016, 09:26:44 PM »

Great stuff- well done on getting somewhere to stay.

Mark
WestonTB

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 12:20:44 PM »

Thats great news, looks like we are going to have a good selection of Beta's of all kinds Smiley
Hope everyone is having more success than me with their cars, my orange coupe has been "testing" me the last couple of weeks and the 77 spider refuses to allow its indicators/hazzards to work at all! Good job we have such an excellent forum with the right information. (Thanks Theo)

I did a test run of proposed Saturday run (Northern loop) which takes in the Winnats pass on the way back, I think we will all enjoy the views Smiley

Looking forward to the AGM,

See you Sunday, Tim.
1970s wedge
1990 Hawk HF2000ie , 1996 Mazda MX3 1.8 V6, 1989 BMW E30 1.6i

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 12:41:40 AM »

Hi Tim

I know I said I could probably make this meeting, however on my return from the Hope show, the Hawk decided to get a little thirsty and in a 25

mile

trip home, consumed nearly 15 liters of fuel !!!! Shocked, I just managed to get home on fumes from the empty tanks, I pulled No 4 plug and its was

sooty,

but not wet so I guess its not an oil issue? My bud was following behind in his Tuscan and said it seemed to be smoking on deceleration mostly but

said the smoke didn't hang around like oil smoke and had a choking fuel odour, so bad was it, that he had to overtake on the Norton bypass to

avoid a headache !

I've noticed recently the fuel pump has changed in tone and the alternator charge light is on constantly since I swapped the Bosch alternator last

year for a lightweight Jap unit from my Mazda MX3 maybe this is the culprit??

Is there any one on here with injected 2 liters HPE's that could advise

and instruct?

Thanks Kev

"It's like sitting in an a hot oven and looking out of an oddly shaped letterbox!"
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 11:39:34 AM »

It sounds like way too rich a mixture. So Maybe too much fuel pressure from either a failed fuel pressure regulator or maybe a blocked tank return pipe. Other possibilities are that the ECU thinks the engine is still cold so it is adding too much fuel i.e. a failed water temp sensor or a fault with the wiring to it. It must be fixed not just for the fuel cost but because it will wash the oil from the bores and kill the piston rings in time.

You may be wise to change the engine oil when you have fixed it as the extra fuel will attack the oil.

Good Luck

Eric
1970s wedge
1990 Hawk HF2000ie , 1996 Mazda MX3 1.8 V6, 1989 BMW E30 1.6i

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2016, 10:48:02 PM »

Hi Eric

Yeah thanks for reply, appreciate it  Cheesy Today I pulled all other 3 plugs and they're all the same, Sooty! (NO surprise!).

I applied vacuum to the fuel rail regulator and it held vacuum for 4 hours so I guess the diaphragm is ok?.

I removed the Throttle valve and looked down into plenum to see if fuel had pooled from a dodgy cold start injector, but no, there was some oil in

there I guess (again!) it's from the PCV hose?.

The twin tank return lines are clear, I applied 12volts to the fuel pump and could clearly see what little fuel there was left falling into the tanks with

both filler caps removed ( alarmingly, with little fuel in the tanks the returning fuel falls about 500mm to the base of tank and foams really badly Shocked

not sure how the injectors deal with this frothy liquid Huh?Huh? or how it would affect fueling ? it would certainly explain the pumps change in tone if it's

pumping foam !).

I intend to check resistances of Injectors, cold start valve, bypass valve, CTS, and TTS this week, but have no figures for reference? I have found

conflicting figures online but nothing that correlates what I have recorded on previous tests  Undecided.

I hope my choice of alternative alternator isn't the cause? The alternator charge light in the Hawk is within the Fiat 124 Speedometer gauge and

when the original Bosch unit failed the warning light came on along side a drop in the voltmeter (Fiat 124) then I swapped the alternator and used

the original Beta alternator pulley wheel (straight swap  Wink) so that rotational speed was the same, the warning light went out soon after fitting but

on a drive it illuminated once more but the voltmeter remained/remains at approx 14 volts ? (headlights on).

I hope I get to the drop the oil stage Eric I really do, very sound advice indeed  Cool in the meantime I'll go through everything else I know and report

my findings for advice and perhaps direction?

Thank you again Eric for the swift reply

Kev.       

"It's like sitting in an a hot oven and looking out of an oddly shaped letterbox!"
spydervx

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2016, 07:22:49 PM »

Hi Tim
Thanks to help from peteracs I hope to be there too; subject to mot next week.
I am a red spyder in sheffield, if you live out in the valley, I think we may have exchanged waves on occasions?
thanks for organising this,
Gerry

Lancia Beta Spyder vx 77
Lancia Beta Coupe 2.0 78
Alfa gtv 3.0 v6 lusso 98
Suzuki Jimny SZ5 2019
Suzuki gs500 99
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: