Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:01:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vapor extraction pump  (Read 3422 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:54:23 PM »

Hi,
   no luck at lancisti so ill try here, i suppose apologies ish for the double post. Anyone have any hints on getting into the vapor extraction pump for a vx? i dont see an obvious route - is it just take a hacksaw to it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris,
No need for the hacksaw..... if you look at the pump there is a split where the housing for the impeller sucks vapour in from the blower. A few sharp taps around there with a light hammer/screwdriver etc etc should force this part off.... you'll then be faced with the impeller. Look down the side of the casing here and again you should be able to see where tthe plastic casing has been crimped to hold in the motor. A bit of gentle 'jiggling' (nice technical term) with a small screwdriver will allow you to free the motor and do what you want to with it.
If that doesn't work (I've taken 2 of my dead spares apart this way) then maybe the hacksaw would be simpler.....
Hamish
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever found you needed the thing? I must admit on my somewhat breathed on Volumex I binned it & the solenoid valve with no ill effects but if you wan to stay original or live in a hot country....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

With it inop I have occasional hot starting problems that can be solved by opening the bonnet to vent the heat and pumping the gas whilst cranking. It does however result in a massive cloud of black over rich smoke that stinks of petrol and a small amount of embarassement on my part.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: