Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:26:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel tank internal lines  (Read 4940 times)
smithymc

« on: August 16, 2015, 05:46:20 PM »

In the process of preparing for the Frosts POR15 tank lining,I am conscious of the various spigots that seem to serve internal pipes. My concern is that the resin could block these and my plan is to insert a flexible wire of the right length before adding the resin and pull it out during the curing process.

BUT, how long are these pipes and what route do they take?

Has anyone on here ever split a tank?

The pipes are the 2 vents/ returns on the rear of the tank and the small diameter carb return line.
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 07:15:36 AM »

I thought all three pf those were fairly short, literally just drains into the tank. I think there is a photo of a split tank on here somewhere??
smithymc

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 07:53:00 AM »

That would be very useful, I'll have a dig about, unless anyone knows where it is?

Still pretty fed up with the instructions on the Frosts stuff, where I have followed the instructions on the degreaser and diluted it 5:1, only to find out, on the tin for the resin, 2 steps later in the process, that it should have been mixed 1:1. £50 worth of stuff and no instructions, only magazine reviews/ experiences, not detailed or written by the company for the intended task.

Mark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: