Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:27:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension Suggestions? Koni or BetaBoys spring and Spax shocks  (Read 9379 times)
281betas

« on: March 20, 2015, 02:07:27 AM »

Good Afternoon All,

I haven't posted in eternity, but I figured you guys would have the best knowledge on what should be done. I have a 1981 Lancia Beta Coupe that I am currently restoring. My first car was a 1981 Lancia Beta Spyder (Zagato) and I had a set of Konis on all four corners. Sadly that car fell pray to rust and of the two cars I owned I could only afford to justify one. I chose the Coupe because it's in a better state. I still have the Konis and would like to install them on the coupe, but given their age they are in need of a rebuild. I spoke to Koni, they said that they are willing to rebuild them. The cost of a rebuild is close enough to that of new components from BetaBoyz (including shipping to the States) that I am considering them as well. Here is my inquiry, based on your experience, what would you say are the pros and cons of the BetaBoys set up? Or even the pros and cons of the Koni assemblies? Which would you recommend?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Greg
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 08:58:02 AM »

I'd go with the koni option they will rebuild them with top adjusters so they'll be really great and top quality. You may wish to go for mildly lowered springs too as it will help counter the speed boat effect that some betas suffer from under hard acceleration.
OperaHawk

United States United States

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 03:09:37 PM »

I just had my Konis rebuilt with the top adjustment option. I have them on 'stock' springs (not sure - my donor car had the Konis, and I just swapped them over to Fenice). The ride is excellent, with the car staying flat in turns.

A word to the wise, tho - I had the work done through Koni NA, and had to have the front struts sent back twice for leaking. I think I'm just the exception to the rule (as always... Undecided ), but I'd let them sit upside down for a few days before installation.

Cheers,

SBJ

'77 HPE
'81 Zagato (Fenice)
'10 Nissan Sentra (Fred)
'15 Jeep Cherokee (Duress)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: