Lancia Beta Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:54:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brake Bleeding  (Read 5204 times)
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« on: March 17, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »

I'll be fitting my Goodridge braided brake lines soon, is there a right and wrong way of bleeding the system Huh?
With regard to the front calipers, bleed rear hose first then front Huh?
Does the rear need to be loaded, due to the rear brake proportioning valve Huh?
For brake fluid, i will be using a high boiling DOT 4 racing fluid, recommended by alot of the saloon drivers in the Castle Combe championship, which apparently is also compatible with DOT 5.1, and £13.50 for a litre aint bad as well Grin

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
hutch6610

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 11:30:48 PM »

is there a right and wrong way of bleeding the system  Huh?
Yes most definitely.

Do the front brakes first - with the front jacked up, bleed the front circuit (nipple closest too you) on both sides first and then do the mixed circuit (nipples furthest away) again on both sides.

With the car then on the ground do the rears - as a note to anyone replacing the rear pads - when the pistons are screwed back, the lines on the brake pad face of the piston should be facing upward, so that all the air can be bled out.
I would also advise brakes to be bled every time pads are changed - air tends to get in, not always but some times.

No real need to load the rear, just bleed them and you will be alright.

Oh .... and be careful you don't shear the bleed screws, use heat if necessary and clean the threads thoroughly. 

Hope this helps.
archigraphe

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 10:57:50 AM »

I'm reding this.

Ok for the front first,

but for the mixed circuit , I think we have to bleed the farest caliper first... the back right, anthen the left en the front right to end with the front left ...Huh?

This procedure is wrong???

Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »

If you have access to a compressor the compressor driven vacuum bleeder is my favourite. I have used mine with success on all cars I have tried it on including some nototiously difficult ones. Start with the caliper furthest away in the mixed circuit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: