Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:05:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My S1 Coupe after 5 years of restoration work  (Read 3397 times)
betasulo

« on: May 11, 2014, 04:32:09 PM »

I just wanted to share a photo of my coupe after an extensive body restoration. She was so badly rusted when I found it, the chaps working on the body had to fabricate most of the panels!

This shot was taken three weeks back with the base coat and the final paint was done a few day ago. The painter has a great sense of humour as you can see by the colour of the air cleaner element Smiley

Any constructive suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Sulo  

* Lancia Beta Coupe - 2.jpg (655.95 KB, 1844x1383 - viewed 657 times.)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 06:35:14 PM »

Looking good - you didn't drop the engine out though? Who did the work for you? - always worth knowing if it's to a good standard!

What colour did you go for?

How long do you think before getting it fitted out and back on the road?
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 08:56:33 PM »

Keep up the great work Sulo, S1 coupes are my favorite Beta!

Will look out for those other parts you asked about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
betasulo

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »

I did have the engine out when they sand blasted the body and prepped the engine bay with the base coat.
The painter masked the engine and did the final coat. The colour I picked is a Lancia off White which for the life of me just cannot remember. I do remember it was a pretty long name which I wrote out for my father who is supervising the work on the car. The company doing the work is the sole dealer for Peugeot vehicles on the island and they have a sideline restoring classics. At the moment I have a chap doing the wiring. The starter motor, alternator and wiper motor are also being serviced. The big challenge is to get the complete interior done as the car never had any door cards so any one posting photos of their S1 interiors would be much appreciated. At the rate the work is going I would think it would take another 2 to 3 months at best.

Thanks for all the help with the parts Matt; that's very kind of you.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »

I can provide photos of all S1 door cards and seats.

Before I left the UK I had my S1 interior re-trimmed.  I had the two types of Burnt Orange material remade/dyed.  I had the original dye used by Lancia chemically matched then replicated by a professional company, then they gave it to my trimming guy.

I've seen a few cars in the UK that have the orange interior, they are nice cars but the interior cloth is showing it age, mine are like brand new out the factory and if I do say so myself, I think they will blow away every other Beta with orange interior !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
betasulo

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »

Matt,

That would be a great help if you could e-mail them to me as I could forward them to my father to give to the trimmers. I just need them to see the detail of the interior.

Kind regards

Sulo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: