Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:29:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Volumex tyres  (Read 7472 times)
anotherdeadhero

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: April 10, 2014, 01:25:49 PM »

There are a couple of tyre threads, but thought I'd start a seperate thread.

My Volumex needs new tyres all round. I'm not really after everyday tyres, nor am I really after the track day tyres my mates in the motor club seem to keep suggesting.

I was all for getting some Yoko A021rs, as I know them well from rallying. They handle broken tarmac (like we have round here) exceptionally well, but I'm concerned that as they're very soft they'll overheat and scrub very heavily on hot days.

While the Volumex will only be coming out to play on warm dry days, I do need something that isn't going to land me in the scenery if we get some drizzle or changeable road conditions.

I'm not concerned about wear - the Volumex is on a very limited mileage, and it is off to be restored in 6 months. The tyres are likely to perish before the wear out!

185s seem to be OK for me - I have power steering so the steering is plenty light enough at low speed. I'd prefer 65 or 70 profile. 14" rims obviously. I'm bewildered by the choice, which all seem to go on about fuel economy rather than perfomance.

Any suggestions?
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 04:14:44 PM »

Without going for the trackday tyres there's not much in the way of 'sporty' tyres available.

I use Toyo CF1 on my spider (185/65 14) and they seem to hang on pretty well and there's enough control that I can have the car moving around with confidence (in the dry at least). Perhaps a buffed set of those? Yokohama C Drive are also available. Both are cheap enough at about £60 a corner.

Other than that it's tarmac rally tyres.
anotherdeadhero

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 05:39:48 PM »

I'm rapidly coming to the same conclusion!

Thanks for the recommendations - nice to have real-world data!
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »

I have not check size availability but I use Yokohama AD08 with 15 inch wheels on my Supercharged and Fuel Injected Montecarlo very successfully wet or dry.

Eric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: