Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:34:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: '78 HPE Door cards - plastic split / foam showing  (Read 5862 times)
Per

Norway Norway

« on: March 20, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »

The upper brown plastic covering the foam has become brittle and a few cracks ca 1 x 3 cm are showing. Have anybody tried repairing? E.g. vinyl repair kits from ebay or similar? Alternatively I have thought that taking a rubber mould from a nearby area and then filling with putty using the mould to get the right texture. Then vinyl spray.
swedgamma

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:58:36 PM »

Hi!

I used to use something called "Dr Vinyl" long time ago(,I dont know if they still exist),with a fairly good result.The problem was mixing the vinylputty to the correct colour,it was not possible to use a colour mixing machine.I have a few doorcards of the preŽ79 brownish kind,whats your interior colour?

Urban from Sweden(swedgamma)
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 09:17:20 PM »

Hei Urban
The cloth part is the red you can see in my thread HPE for resurrection under new members.

Per
swedgamma

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 09:51:31 PM »

When SAAB stopped selling the Beta range we were left with the "scandinavian colours",bright orange-red,bright yellow or green!!!!!!!!!But I once saw some very early imports, Ž74 or Ž75 Betas with perforated vinyl,sort of made the somewhat extreme seats look even more extreme!
IŽll check what I have tomorrow and give a report!

Urban
swedgamma

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 09:32:50 AM »

Sorry,Per,I had no new ones in the orange/red fabric,just some used ones and I doubt they are worth repairing.If the "Dr Vinyl" thing still exists they came with a few different moulds (Actually some pre-grained plastic sheets)that was used to shape the surface.Nice car you have there!

Hilsen fra Urban
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 07:29:14 PM »

Ok thanks for looking. I have sent dr vinyl a messsage asking if they still provide kits as they do not seem to be represented here. Btw, do you have a gamma? Lovely cars. Only a handful were ever imported here.
swedgamma

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 10:12:40 PM »

Yes,I brought one in Germany some years ago,a 2,5 series two Coupe.Light metallic blue with dark blue L-cloth interior.Why I don`t drive it?Well my Beta Spider has performed so well for over ten years as spare time car so I`ve had no need for more!!!I have seen some fantastic photos at a very nice Norwegian dark blue Gamma in snowy mountains from some Lancia meet in Norway,so they exist in Norway also!By the way,I have some new doorcards in other colours,it may be possible to change  just the velour cloth,but probably difficult to demount the chrome and put it back nice.Have anyone done that on this forum?

Greetings from Sweden
Urban
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 11:08:27 PM »

Permatex does a plastic and vinyl repair kit. Have anybody tried it? Dr. Vinyl replied, they do not sell kits. They only supply the professionals and they do not have any agents here.

Only one gamma coupe was sold new here and a handful have been imported used at a later date. They are high on my list so that may well be the next in line  Grin
thecolonel
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 01:05:27 PM »

A late consortium member saw a gamma Berlina
on his travels, purchased it (new) and drove it back
to Norway. There are several in Norway now.

Geoff
www.lanciagammaconsortium.com
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »

Thanks for the info. The Lancist Norvegesi (norwegian Lancia club) has a pretty good overview of gammas but I had not heard that particular story before. Btw the link is www.gammaconsortium.com
thecolonel
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 10:58:23 PM »

Apologies, long day.
The late gentleman was in Turin in 2006, and joined us
for the Mega gamma meeting in Turin 2009, I think he
was 83 then. Greatly missed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: