Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:45:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The inspiration  (Read 3160 times)
Per

Norway Norway

« on: October 03, 2013, 07:29:58 PM »

In the early 80'ies I had an HPE, pictured here in glorious bronze metallic and green seats:

Just the right car for a young lad: Sporting, stylish and practical. I would go skiing, putting the skis on a roof rack and sticks and boots thrown into the back. Then off to Norefjell where they held the mens downhill during the Winter Olympics held in Oslo in 1952. During summer weekend trips with friends. Or just commuting. One fine summer's day at work I brought a picnic table and three chairs. So for lunch we were three young engineers sitting in the middle of the parking lot eating chicken wings and salad. In comes the MD with two clients in his car. He nearly had a fit, we did not give the company a sufficiently serious image  Cool

Utterly perfect when I sold it in 1988, sadly scrapped in 1999. So that is what is behind my new aquisition, see HPE for resurrection in New members section.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:43:08 PM by Per » Logged
cheeky monkey

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:33:15 PM »

Thats a great story and pictures Per  Smiley  The Audi next to it in the car park is a nice but the HPE is so elegant in comparison.
Good luck with your new project.

G

Graham

1979 beta coupe 1300
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: