Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:52:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A-post and glueing body parts  (Read 2377 times)
Per

Norway Norway

« on: September 20, 2013, 11:05:13 AM »

The LH A-post is rust damaged in the glass sealing flange area all the way from top to bottom. I have searched in vain, are there any repair panels available?

On another note, I intend to glue instead of welding. I first tried this on a wheelarch repair in the 80'ies and it is still holding up. Any experience on the various offerings: Any brand better than others in any way?
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 08:22:17 AM »

Is the rust on the inside section of the A frame?  Once the screen is out I had metal pressed into the same profile as the screen recess and cut/welded sections where required. It worked even for the corners, but was a little time consuming.

This was for cars with the earlier bonded screen, and I would have thought the seal type screens have a different profile maybe?  Bottom line is it's actually quite easy to remedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »

Yes it is the inside of the A post and yes mine is bonded. Had a good look in sunshine today before tucking it away for the winter and it looks less bad than I originally thought but we will see when I eventually remove the screen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: