Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:16:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Door mirrors  (Read 2343 times)
Eric Nisbet

« on: August 26, 2013, 07:57:37 PM »

Looking for advice for the removal of the mirror glass in the early type door mirrors (see pic) without damaging the glass or the plastic surround so that I can have the mirrors rechromed. Other mirrors I have some across had a spring behind the glass, and when pushed in against the spring, the plastic surround could be easily removed. For these mirrors the glass can't be pushed in and the surround is a tight fit, so hopefully there is some trick to disassemble without damage. Your help will be most appreciated.
 Eric Nisbet

* Beta door mirror 2b.jpg (420.01 KB, 4000x3000 - viewed 561 times.)
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:45:50 AM »

No help I know but I think the old style mirrors are bonded together and don't readyly come apart?
Eric Nisbet

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:46:03 PM »

Thanks Neil,  I think you must be right unfortuately, however i do have a black plastic bodied mirror of the same bullet shape, so I might have to cut it open and see whats inside. Thanks again for taking the time to reply. regards, Eric Nisbet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: