Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:42:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mitcar 2013 top event.  (Read 3402 times)
1970s wedge
1990 Hawk HF2000ie , 1996 Mazda MX3 1.8 V6, 1989 BMW E30 1.6i

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: August 18, 2013, 08:41:10 PM »

What a well organised and friendly gathering of like minded people. Location is stunning, weather was 'summery' for a change.
I decided to go to this meet at the very last minute, I only live about 17 miles away so stuck a tenners worth of juice in the
'wedge' and hopped on M1 for two junctions. Hardwick is very well sign posted (or is that just local knowledge?) anyway on site all the
marshalls? were very friendly and helpful... but being sent to the bottom of the field initially I had concerns.... but on arriving
at the location, I found myself in the 'Exotics' area, a rose between about 8 maserati thorns! oh and a ferrari 308 thorn!   Cheesy
(all very nice thorns by the way!) There were loads of well sorted cars, too many 'red' ones for my liking Grin.
During my brief walk around I did see two or three Betas but didnt get a chance to have a 'yak' with the owners.
The car of the day for me was..............my own!  Roll Eyes ........ No.... I think if it was based on a "I want" it would be the Alfa SZ and then the Fiat 124 abarth,
(my opinion only).
Hope if anyone else went today I hope they enjoyed it as much as myself Smiley kev b.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:13:07 PM by 1970s wedge » Logged

"It's like sitting in an a hot oven and looking out of an oddly shaped letterbox!"
smithymc

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:42:09 AM »

Agreed this was good day out- setting in a National Trust property also makes it more bearable for non-car loving passengers who dont have to listen to us waffling about our machines.

Nice informal feel too.

There must have been 150 Alfas, but most were moderns, the same applying to the strong Fiat contignent. We cannot compete on that basis but I think it is worth trying to get an stronger Lancia contingent there in future.

Learnt plenty about the Chocolate Lime too, thanks to all.

Mark
1970s wedge
1990 Hawk HF2000ie , 1996 Mazda MX3 1.8 V6, 1989 BMW E30 1.6i

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:28:38 PM »

Yes the 'Chocolate' was quite sweet! Roll Eyes

I wonder whether 'Mitcar' was/should be advertised on the LMC or the twincam register sites?  Undecided

kev b.

"It's like sitting in an a hot oven and looking out of an oddly shaped letterbox!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: