Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:11:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Info Needed  (Read 4100 times)
Gerhard

« on: August 14, 2013, 06:09:37 AM »

Morning All,

I received the following from my spare parts supplier in South Africa and would appreciate some inputs.

Regards,

Gerhard

Dear Volumex Driver

We are writing to you as we need some help. We do have a VX coupe here with fuel delivery problems.
As new BOSCH pump has been installed.

If all parts are fitted correctly, virtually no petrol appears at the carburettor.
If the return pipe is blocked, fuel gets delivered, but after a while, the carburettor will flood.

Questions:

- Is the fuel return pipe to the tank supposed to have a restrictor, only allowing a certain amount of fuel back to the tank, thus creating some pressure forward. ?
- the fist device after the Y- piece in the engine compartment is the little plastic once way valve. How can this be tested ?
Our valve only allows flow if a certain minimum pressure is reached , and that I will only get when blocking the return pipe off.

In order to troubleshoot the system we would need some understanding how it is supposed to work. Despite having tone of literature, no relevant sections could be found.

Any input from your side would be most appreciated.
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:17:34 PM »

Gerhard

See my other post in this section for a fix that needs a Facet interrupter pump and a filter king. You can spend weeks trying to get those old restricters and one way valves to work and it is not worth it.

Eric
Gerhard

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:53:35 AM »

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: