Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:32:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beta latest  (Read 1723 times)
raz1966

« on: March 19, 2013, 09:06:46 PM »

i spend a fair amount of time on my car recently so i though i would update you all on whats going on, i tightened all the conections on the fuel pump/carb/fuel lines and now it seems to start first turn of the key everyday, even if i leave it for a few days it starts easy so thats one problem solved.
next i decided to tackle the drivers seat which was badly worn, i had replacement seat (thanks Mark) that had good covers but the seams were split, i striped my seat down and had the covers from the replacements stiched up. it was then a case of fitting the new covers on my seat and tightening up all the screws etc.. sounds easy but it took my about 4 hours but i was well pleased with the results. my drivers seat is now much better with no rips or tears and it tilts fowards alot better now. only trouble is i think i might do the passenger one now as it has a lot of slack in the tilt mechanism.
next job was the washers which had stoppped working over the winter, no power to the motor so i had to take the switch off, i found a break in one of the wire so it was out with the soldering iron and it was then working as it should. i have now repaired this switch about 3 times, last time it was the lights and the time before the indicators. i guess thats the norm with 33 years old italian switches. amazingly the washer motor then decide to stop working but after i took the bottle  and wiggled the motor about (i was trying to take it out from the washer bottle)it started working again.
jobs still to do...passenger door handle (inside one) is lose so i am going to have to strip the door card off and sort that, rear bumper needs straightening. my mate reversed into a renault 5 about 25 years ago and the bumper has had a slight bend it in ever since.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:10:24 PM by raz1966 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: