Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:04:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: chrome wing mirrors  (Read 2300 times)
thatwelshchap

« on: January 18, 2013, 07:04:10 AM »

i bet this question is an old one. i'm looking at a picture of a brown/bronze spider taken in italy with a poser in turtle neck walking towards it carrying a long orange thing. Maybe you'll know the picture.
the spider has rectangular lenses over the head lights and chrome wing mirrors. from the grill i'd say it is the same model as mine, around 1979. so how come i have the upright palstic mirrors and if i bolted chrome to my door where would i source new quarter lights? and whats the story on the headlight covers?
if you're the poser....nice jacket and what the hell are you carrying?
cheers in advance.
thatwelshchap

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:08:35 AM »

i've just seen the previous post, S1 steel mirror. sounds like this is a popular conversion?
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:14:37 AM »

I'd say most people go the other way and fit the late style wing mirrors.

Quarter light glass (with the holes to fit wing mirrors) is available from the people on here that save them from the many cars they have broken over the years. Think I have 3 pairs IIRC.  Be careful to check if your glass is tinted or not. Early cars had clear glass and later cars had green tinted glass. VX's had bronze tint. Oh and the quarter light glass is "handed".

Once you have the quarter light glass get yourself a pair to late style rectangular wing mirrors that are adjustable from inside the car and its a fairly easy retrofit.

I'm not sure what the thinking behind the single lensed headlights that is fitted to the spider in the picture, maybe Stuart or Alan can shed light on that ( no pun intended). Smiley
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:42:22 PM by MattNoVAT » Logged

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:28 AM »

Hi All

I think the chrome mirrors were included on both S1 and S2 pre f/l. The black ones came in with the F/l models. There appears to be two types of plastic, not sure which went where and when. There are the horizontal and vertical styles. I thought all the plastic were adjustable from inside, but maybe there were earlier ones which were not.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 02:25:23 PM »

I'd agree with Peter there.

As to the single piece lamps I can only assume it was a sytling thing. Perhaps trying to ape the single lamp setup on the Berlinas? There's no advantaage to them although they do make the car look distinctive.

Stuart

MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »

I have only seen two styles of black plastic wing mirrors all of which are adjustable from inside the car, those that are rectangular in a horizontal plane (most common), then those that are a more vertical style.  The more vertical style I have only ever seen fitted to HPE's and Spiders, never a Coupe.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: