Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:37:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to rebuild front seats - advice needed  (Read 5090 times)
Hawk

England England

« on: April 30, 2013, 12:40:23 PM »

After the best part of 2 years of serious looking (and a bit more browsing!) I have finally acquired a set of seats for my Spyder in really good condition.

The only problem being that they are split into pieces.  My first task is to recover / attach the seat pads to the frames but after that I'm not really sure how the seats go together.

Does anyone have an exploded view of the seats? 

Failing which, I'll dismantle the ones I've got and see how it all works.  Can't imagine it's difficult but any hints / tips are appreciated.   
St Volumex
Owner of RetroPart

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 08:35:53 AM »

Here you go.  Smiley

* Betaparts_S1 seat parts.pdf (241.9 KB - downloaded 312 times.)

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc. etc.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:35:34 AM »

Hi Guy

That is for the saloon from the heading on the page? What is required is the S2 f/l Spyder seats. Also not sure if what was asked for was how the internals of the seats go together?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Hawk

England England

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:41:53 AM »

Hi Guy

thanks for the info but I'm after a bit more detail.  My seats are completely split down (covers off, foam separate, not connected to bases, springs removed, box of bits etc etc.) and I'm after detail of how it all goes back together so the recline / folding mechanisms fit together.

As mentioned, I can pull my existing seats apart but any help would be good.   
Hawk

England England

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 11:44:32 AM »

And yes, specific info on the S2 front seats would be great Smiley
St Volumex
Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »

Hi, the S1 parts book is the only documentation I have readily available for Beta seats.

The S2 seats shown are essentially mechanically the same as S1, and short of dismantling the seats from my own S2 spyder...  Grin

Guy McDougall
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc. etc.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 12:59:45 PM »

Hi All

I do not think the parts book has a better explosion than that already posted for the S1 seats. If you need the same for the S2 seats, let me now, but will not any further detail, ie will be the external metalwork to the seats, not the internal construction.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Hawk

England England

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 05:10:23 PM »

Hi All

I do not think the parts book has a better explosion than that already posted for the S1 seats. If you need the same for the S2 seats, let me now, but will not any further detail, ie will be the external metalwork to the seats, not the internal construction.

Peter

Thanks Peter - no need.  From what I can see I may be missing some parts anyway so dismantling / canibalising my existing seats may the the way to go. 
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 08:44:02 AM »

if you get chance photograph the strip down then post it here so that others will have a point of reference
St Volumex
Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 11:01:19 AM »

Hi All

Peter

Hi Peter,

The prospect of getting a Beta S2 Parts book is interesting.  Where could I get one please?

Kind regards,
Guy

Guy McDougall
Hawk

England England

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »

if you get chance photograph the strip down then post it here so that others will have a point of reference

Good idea.  I've already pulled some of the seats together but still have more to do - I'll get the camera out
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: