Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:43:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Three Questions.  (Read 2361 times)
Gerhard

« on: September 10, 2012, 07:47:58 AM »

Good Day To All,

1. Please advise what this is. (Gadget to which the arrow pointing)
2. Then also, the yellow wire is hanging loose with no obvious connecting point. The blue/green wire runs to the negative pole of the battery. Any idea where it should go?
3. All of a sudden the car won't start. All the lights in the dash is on, good power in the battery, but the starter won't turn over. Then by accident I applied brakes while trying to start the car. Low and behold, it starts. Now, if you want to start, I have to step on the brake pedal, release it slowly while turning the key. Odd? Or Not? Any ideas please.

Gerhard.

* 2012-09-09-871.jpg (465.02 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 464 times.)
dougdee123

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »

In truth I am not sure what exactly that is. The only thing I can say is that mine doesn't have one. But, from memory, is that not a solenoid that prevents the engine running on when you switch off?

What is the black plastic pipe that appears to be connected to it? Fuel?

If the non yellow wire goes to earth then presumably the yellow connects in some way to power, either switched or through some other component. Might it be worth temporarily connecting to the battery positive via a meter to see what the current draw is and also whether the starting is more normal.

Doug
archigraphe

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »

An aftermarket anti theft device???

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: