Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:05:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Layout of interior of mats in boot on S2 Pre F/L Spider (or S1?)  (Read 2981 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« on: July 23, 2012, 07:37:25 AM »

Hi All

Just trying to put back the interior of boot of the Spider.

I have 5 rubber mats which cover

2 off rear turret and upper part around rim of opening
1 off main floor
1 off Bulkhead
1 off rear vertical where number plate and lights go

Also

some polystyrene space fillers for the lower rear wings to 'level' the floor

What I cannot remember (as it was a long time ago!) or was not there is if there are any other packing pieces or carpet.

Specifically how the lower part of of the rear vertical mat fits and the rear lower vertical part of the wings, what/how are the verticals orgianised? I know mine had some matting stuck to the metal, should there be rubber matting for that?

Any info or pics would be much appreciated as the info I have does not apper to make any mention of it.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:43:15 AM »

This is how the Coupe boot carpets are organised and I cannot see why there would be a huge difference between the Coupe and the Spider.  But I've seen two styles and I'm not 100% sure when they cut over, early cars had press studs and later they switched to using plastic studs/clips.

There are two side carpet sections that will be in a an " L " shape each covers the rear quarter and suspension turret and then covers half the rear bulkhead, these overlap behind the spare wheel.  These were secured by plastic clips but most clips have long since been snapped off and most cars I've seen have black cable ties securing them.  The rear bulkhead has three hole for these clips to press in and fix the carpet in place.

The rear verticle carpet (where the number plate is fitted)  is either press studs along the top section or the later style with just two retaining bolts with a large plastic star head.  The rear verticle is not secured by anything at the bottom other than gravity  Grin the the boot floor carpet keeps it in place as there should be a kink in the rear verticle where the floor carpet sits.

The polystyrene sections I've only ever seen fitted to S3 cars so maybe thats been added by someone later on in the cars history..

None of any of my Betas have had carpets glued in place, so I'd say that something that has been done by the previous owner.

I can take some pictures later on if required.... Just let me know..

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »

Hi Matt

I suspect the Coupe and the Spider are very different, at least at the sides and rear for the Pre F/L. All the mats are rubber and there is just a single oblong mat to cover the bulkhead to cabin which has plastic studs. The rear turrets and upper half of the rear wings are covered with another rubber mat and the rear numberplate section is a another rubber mat which fastens at the top. The base is a large rubber mat which covers all the floor area up to the wings (has a nice 'Z' moulded into it). Pretty sure the polystyrene is original as fits 100% and makes sense with the floor mat shape.

On a later Spider I had for parts, the boot had pre formed carpet type of carpet type material, which for the rear number plate section was contoured to the shape unlike the rubber one I have in my car.

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »

Once we are moved over to France I will be treating myself.... by adding a Spider to my collection.   

So I will have to start getting my head round all these differences.  I've been in quite a few Spiders but never actually owned one myself so lack the detailed knowledge like yourself or Stuart.  Any work I have done on them has always been at the front end where all the oily bits are.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 04:40:15 PM »

The polystyrene bits are original and very rare now.

The rubber matting in both of mine has been notable for being a sod to get to stay in place. Also I've found that with the mat in place in the wheel well a brand new tyre doesn't fit unless you deflate it!

F/L Cars went to carpets though I daresay there was some overlap between models.

Stuart
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »

The rubber matting in both of mine has been notable for being a sod to get to stay in place. Also I've found that with the mat in place in the wheel well a brand new tyre doesn't fit unless you deflate it!

F/L Cars went to carpets though I daresay there was some overlap between models.

Stuart

1.  Maybe I won't bin the set of polystyrene fillers after all. 

2.  I love Lancias thinking there - deflate the spare so that mat stays in place!   - although is it because your using wider tyres than originally spec'ed?

3. Overlap between models?  Surely not??   lol

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 09:15:55 PM »

Odly enough no - the spare is a 175/70
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »

Stuart

Hi Stuart

I think you have a white one S1 or pre F/L S2 with the brown interior which is the same as the one I have.

Can you let me know what is below the side matting on either wing, a picture would be useful?

Also how the rear mat hangs and fixes. I can see the top of it, but how the lower goes into the void below is not too obvious to me?

Also how many pieces of polystyrene should there be?

thanks

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: